Peugeot Forums banner

2004 206 won’t start after valeting.

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Ian M Davis 
#1 ·
Hi, my 206 won’t start after getting the car valeted. The engine ticks over fine so I don’t think there is any issue with this, is it possible that there’s moisture in the car and that’s why it isn’t starting? Have been told by the valeting company that it’s put itself into eco mode which is why it isn’t starting, but surely putting the key in would take it out of eco mode if that was the case?

#8 ·
Economy mode will not turn off until the engine is started. It is intended to stop the battery going flat. If the valet company left a door open or the radio on for 30 minutes the car will go in to economy mode. It can also go into economy mode if the battery voltage is low.

I suspect the immobiliser may be stopping the car from starting. To check this you need to do the beep test.
1. Put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition ON then OFF
2. Leave the key in the ignition and open the drivers door and listen for a warning beep.
If the car doesn't beep it means the BSI (main computer) is not recognising the transponder chip in the key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.