Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am wondering if there is anyone out there with PP near me? As I have the dreaded anti polution fault on my car...

Kind of wondering if anyone is going to be free during the day? as I kind of need the car tomorrow to go to London for my job interview Wednesday...

what a time to go wrong! :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for a swift reply

As far as I know it does not have a diesel particulate filter (FAP) so that is sort of safe news.

I think it may have a EGR valve but again I am not too sure.

Judging from that map, I think there is someone close to me in nottingham, so i will pm him shortly.

Oh i forgot to state my location, I am based in Mansfield Notts (NG18)

Thanks again

Robert

·
Registered
42 Posts
The EGR valve was, and continues to be, the source of the anti-pollution fault on my 307. However, that fault is hardly precise and there seems to be a few different things that can trigger it. Does your car still drive properly? The tell-tale sign of the EGR sticking is a weird choking/chugging feeling when town driving.

EDIT: Actually I'm not sure if FAP and EGR can be separate or go hand in hand. My old Xsara Picasso had the same engine as my current 307 and that did not have an EGR or FAP. Basically, if your car is still driving properly, I would still drive it to your interview, just get it scanned as soon as possible. If there is a real problem the car will likely go into limp mode.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the car still drives fine, nothing seems to be wrong with the vehicle, just the engine management light is on and the screen displayed Anti Pollution Fault. Some research also lead me to believe it may be in Limp Mode so I want to try and get this sorted as soon as possible really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts