Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help!!!!
ihad my peugeot 2.0 hdi 2003 for about a year ive been having problems with the turbo it started about a month ago when the turbo would stop working after i had put my foot down and then slow down the turbo would stop working if i left it it would work again after about an hour now tho the turbo doesnt work atall no power at all there is no smoke from the back i have no idea's can anyone help me before i take it to the stealers for them to take my money thanks in advance darren:thumb:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
dazza said:
i need some help!!!!
ihad my peugeot 2.0 hdi 2003 for about a year ive been having problems with the turbo it started about a month ago when the turbo would stop working after i had put my foot down and then slow down the turbo would stop working if i left it it would work again after about an hour now tho the turbo doesnt work atall no power at all there is no smoke from the back i have no idea's can anyone help me before i take it to the stealers for them to take my money thanks in advance darren:thumb:
It is your turbo that you need to replace, I wouldnt drive the car as it would do more damage you can think..

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think your dealer needs to put on the diag tool and give you a report before replacing the turbo. A blown turbo either flys to bits or leaks excessive oil so you would see lots of smoke under neath or out the back. the turbo is located on the back of the engine and access is tight so it could be tricky to change if proven dead or faulty.

The diag should not be expensive it takes only a short time to do.

good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im from wales not far from cardiff place called abertillery ive booked it in for thursday at garage to c if it picks up anything.. wouldnt the engine managment light come on tho if there was any problems stored???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
just an update had car back from garage and its picked up 3 faults first fault po246 boost pressure, low pressure
also
po100 mass air flow sensor open circuit..... i think this is up there because i unpluged the air flow meter to see if the car would run any better to test this myself so i can discount this one
also
p1521 clutch switch signal

any help on any of these would be great
thanks darren

·
Registered
6 Posts
peugeot 307 2.0 hdi

hi i have a 2003 peugeot 307 2.0 hdi was running fine then just loss of power not pulling as well up hills finding hard to get up to 70 mph no lights came on got aa out he took mass flow sencer of car ran alot better but said take it to garage so did we dont have a peugeot were i live so took it to a renault dealer who recons its the turbo but no lights on or black smoke can any one help doing my head in

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi ernie65 can you here the turbo working at all this sounds like the problem i have but theres not turbo working at all on mine ????

·
Registered
6 Posts
dazza said:
hi ernie65 can you here the turbo working at all this sounds like the problem i have but theres not turbo working at all on mine ????
dont no aa said it was maybe mass flow sencer but dont no just no power garage trying to charge me £1000

·
Registered
6 Posts
peugeot 307 2.0 hdi 110bh 2003 year

ernie65 said:
dont no aa said it was maybe mass flow sencer but dont no just no power garage trying to charge me £1000
no black smoke and no lights on dash was pulling fine now just struggles up hills hard to get it up to 70 mph

·
Registered
6 Posts
peugeot 307 2.0 hdi 110bhp

bettyswollocks said:
Why not just change the sensor he removed if its going better first, turbo is big bucks.
thats whot i said to garage but they say i cant be that because no lights have come on just dont no if they are trying a fast one

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi
How did you get on with this one?
I have same problem of power loss and going up hills is useless.
I've had garage say that its possibly the turbo gone, but again i don't have any black smoke or massive oil comsumption.
Can the turbo be tested without taking it off the car?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts