Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed today that when I get out of the car, there's a beep.

The key isn't in the ignition - although the beep sound is the same as the car makes if the key is left in the igntion - it's not the aftermarket Sony stereo (as the car beeps without the stereo front on), there's no lights on or anything.

The battery died on the car on Monday. Just came out in the morning and it was dead as a dodo.

Naturally, got a new one in straight away that afternoon. Everything seems fine (despite having freaked myself out this evening about this whole BSI thing and the torturous procedure for disconnecting and reconnecting the battery).

There's just this weird, single beep.

Nothing else out of the ordinary. Everything's working fine.

Any ideas chaps?

R

·
0 Posts
sometimes it dose it when you switch off and take the key out really quick mine dose anyway dont fret about it ..it will beep like a bugger when you have a fault lol..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just a Sony one, about a year or 2 old. Was in the car when I got it, and I'm sure it's not related to the car beeping.

What are your thoughts as to why it might be the stereo?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to confirm, it actually does 3 beeps. A happy little ascending tune! Exactly like when you leave the key in the ignition with the engine off and open the door, but I only get one repetition.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just a Sony one, about a year or 2 old. Was in the car when I got it, and I'm sure it's not related to the car beeping.

What are your thoughts as to why it might be the stereo?
none, just wanted to see what headunit you had :D

mainly wondered how well it worked with regards to keeping/losing some of the functions etc (sorry to go off topic)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's this one

Sony CDX-GT44IP CD / MP3.Full Speed iPod Control. - CDX-GT44IP from Sony

TBH, I used to like Sony stereos years ago, but the lower end ones just seem a bit cheap and nasty these days. The ipod control on the one in the Pug is really not very intuitive at all and very clunky. The Kenwood I've got in the 330 is much better.

Anyway...any thoughts on this sodding beeping?!:lol:

·
Registered
227 Posts
If it is the same sound as the door being open, does the interior light stay on? could be the door switch which tells if the door is open?
If it is an after market stereo is the permanent and switched live the right way round?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GT44ip I believe.

I used to like Sony headunits, but unless you're buying the very top end units, they seem a bit cheap and nasty these days, IMO.

The Ipod control on this one in the Pug is utterly non-intuitive abnd very clunky. The Kenwood I've got in the 330 is a much better in all respects, sound quality, features, looks and operation - and only cost me £130 (I think the GT44ip retailed for around £100).

Anyway, can anyone please shed any light on this beeping shee-ite!?

I was tempted to have a it checked out, but local Pug dealer wants £109+vat to run a diagnostic, so they can poke it quite frankly. I'd buy PP myself, but unless it will definitely run on windows 7 I can't be bothered to mess about with VMWARE (unless someone can give me step by step instuctions?

There's a fella in Woking apparently that has PP?

I was also considering doing the 'soft reset' of the BSI just incase, but I am worried that might cause more problems whilst not actually solve the beeping.

Starting to remember why I've had BMW's for the last 15 years....:lol::lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
If it is the same sound as the door being open, does the interior light stay on? could be the door switch which tells if the door is open?
If it is an after market stereo is the permanent and switched live the right way round?
Not sure what you mean mate?

It does a short ascending "ding! ding! ding!" sound. As stated, with key out of ignition, everything turned off and even with stero facia removed, open the door to get out and "ding! ding! ding!" ...just the one repetition. Not like the repeated "ding! ding! ding!" reminder you get with the keys left IN the igntion and you open the door.

Haven't had the stereo out to be honest, but it retains all the radio station and audio settings, so the permanent and switched 12v must be right - although I suppose if I can find some keys to remove it, I might check what's going on with the wiring, as it could be that the switched is also connected to the 12v constant (seeing as the stereo can always be turned on regardless of ignition position). But having gone away for 2 weeks holiday at the beginning of April, if it was never turning off, the battery woudl surely have got smashed and be flat as you like when we got back - but it wasn't.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can someone with Planet and a 307 do me a favour.

On your own car, can you interrogate the BSI and see if there is some setting to make the car do this beep thing than can be disabled or activated.

Just spoken to a helpful chap at a different Peugeot dealer who has suggested that when the battery has been changed, something on this apparently tempramental BSI mofo has changed itself. He said I'd probably find some other settings that may have changed (such as needing to press the unlock button twice to unlock all the doors or something), but I've yet to discovered anything else different.

More importantly, he's said it's nothing to worry about:thumb:

However, if someone with the car, the technology and the know-how can just have a quick squiz at the BSI settings options I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Noticed this evening, that it also beeps when getting into the car.

Unlock the car, open the door, and as the dashboard/odometer lights up it does the beep thing.

Once i noticed, I tried again when getting out of the car. Drove home, turned the engine off, took teh keys out (dashboard/odometer is also off at this point) open the door and sure enough, odometer lights up and beep!

Maybe it's the audible signal for the BSI system coming "online" so to speak?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts