Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone write me a quick guide on how to get the egr valve off these cars. Mine is sticking open now and again so I want to take it off for a clean or replace. I can only get access to 1 bolt from the top. I could do with a "this is the best way to do it".

Thanks

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I did get it off on our 2.2 but it was a struggle, think lower bolt was undone a flat at a time. You could support the sump on a block and undo the top engine mount which would then allow you to pull the engine forward to give a bit more space at the back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of moving engine slightly, but it's the engine that's in the way and covering up the bolt. I'm thinking I might have to put it on the ramps and remove the exhaust manifold and take it off there. It's in a right pain of a position.
I'm thinking of trying those egr cleaners too which you put into the intake and the fuel additive. Then run a regeneration through pp n see if that unsticks it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If yours is a 16 valve I did get ours off without touching manifold, at least the old pneumatic EGR need less maintenance than the current electrical ones mounted at the inlet end of the pipe. I only took it off out of curiosity but it was fine and that's after 200K

G

·
0 Posts
I bought a mini torx ratchet set from tinternet, it was about £20 but it's bloody brilliant for awkward places as the tool is about an inch tall as the bit fits right into the ratchet - made getting my EGR off a piece of cake...
It was a Stanley set...:thumb:

No need to do any recalibrating or anything, the light will go off on its own if it's fixed, or you can do a scan with diagbox, read the faults then clear the fault.....

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Don't forget to clean the cold end of the EGR pipe at the inlet manifold junction, ours was almost down to a pin hole!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts