Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2003 2.0 66 kW 307 HDI as our family car to run on bio-diesel. The accelerator pedal has a total travel of 55 m.m. The first 15 m.m. of this does not do anything which I find very annoying. I have been told that this is normal but I doubt it. Please could any other owners of similar cars measure their total travel and the amount of movement before the engine speed increases from idle and post their findings here.

Please does anyone know what sort of sensor is in the pedal assembly and how the pedal is connected to it. Is it possible to adjust it by dismantling it and re-assembling it? I have been told that as well as outputting pedal position, it outputs separate signals for fully closed and fully open. Is this from separate switch(es) or does all this information come from the one sensor?
Thanks, Hugh Venables, Melbourne, Australia

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you find anything out about the travel on the the accelerator on mine the first 15mm does nothing too. very anoying

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have just bought a 2003 2.0 66 kW 307 HDI as our family car to run on bio-diesel. The accelerator pedal has a total travel of 55 m.m. The first 15 m.m. of this does not do anything which I find very annoying. I have been told that this is normal but I doubt it. Please could any other owners of similar cars measure their total travel and the amount of movement before the engine speed increases from idle and post their findings here.

Please does anyone know what sort of sensor is in the pedal assembly and how the pedal is connected to it. Is it possible to adjust it by dismantling it and re-assembling it? I have been told that as well as outputting pedal position, it outputs separate signals for fully closed and fully open. Is this from separate switch(es) or does all this information come from the one sensor?
Thanks, Hugh Venables, Melbourne, Australia
Mine does the same thing....very crap in my opinion.....Now i'm not sure about this but i think there is something called pedal teaching....im sure ive read it on this site somewhere....(i've read practically all of it.. :cool:) As i said i may be wrong..i may have read it on one of the many other sites i've read...i believe planet can teach a pedal fully pressed and fully depressed and all that....i think DAVIDIRELAND would be able to answer this one better....as i said i may be wrong...completely wrong....:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts