Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! my Cd changer has decided to pack in! wont read any of my discs or anything!! was wondering if it would be possible to keep the original radio in place and perhaps either put an aftermarket cd player in or a dvd player underneath the original radio?? is this possible? or could i just get the cd changer repaired and if so how much would it cost?...:thumb:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Why you want to keep the standard tape deck/radio/cd player? It's so out of date now.

I've just replaced mine as the CD multi changer packed up ages ago, I bought a Kenwood Double DIN CD/Radio with a USB and Aux input. It cost around £150 with the correct connectors so the controls on the steering stalk still work correctly.

It was a very easy fit and now we never have to use a CD again!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I bought a usb interface adaptor kit like this.
I didn't know such a device existed. It does seem a bit fiddly and even if I'd known about it I probably would have still opted to replace the original stereo, the sound is so much better now.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It is very fiddly, you have to withdraw the old cd changer connector from back of radio and insert connector from interface instead :thumb:
It isn't nearly as fiddly as a radio replacement, and you have to make folders and files for the usb connector on the replaced radio as well

Holt

·
Registered
276 Posts
On my new radio the folder and track names are displayed on the screen and you're not limited to 99 tracks per folder.

I think your solution is ideal for people who like to keep their car close to original, also a new radio won't interface with the cars display like the original does.

·
Registered
1 Posts
307 cd changer

Hi I have a 2004 307, with the standard 5disc changer.
Unfortunately it refuses to play any cd's at all.
If I was to purchase a second hand replacement off ebay, would it require coding to the car or can I just plug it in and use it?
Appreciate any help.
Thanks.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Your radio do not require coding when you already have a changer, regardless if you replace it with another physical or virtual changer.

Holt

·
Registered
3 Posts
2004 Peugot 307 CD Stuck?

Hello!
Sorry to revive this dinosaur of a thread but my girlfriend has a 2004 Peugot 307 and it appears there's a CD stuck in the player? Not sure we want to do anything more than try to get the CD out, if possible? Any ideas?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Remove radio, unplug, lift the top cover, replug, press eject button and try to help the CD out.

Last time i had that problem i found a 0.10€ inside it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Remove radio, unplug, lift the top cover, replug, press eject button and try to help the CD out.

Last time i had that problem i found a 0.10€ inside it...

Wow, thanks for that! Follow up question, is there any code that disables the stock stereo if I unplug it? If so, how do I find that code to get around that?

Cheers!

·
Registered
599 Posts
IIRC, the Stereo is coded to the car VIN. No matter how many times you unplug it, it will keep working on your car.

Radio station memories are lost though :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts