Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to the forum.
Bought a 307 cc with the usual speed sensor fault, wouldn't display any faults until the car reached 30mph.
That aside I got in one day and soon as I started there was all types of "stop" and abs lights flashing. I took the car to a mate with a diagnostics computer and it was showing up the usual speed sensor and now a short in the pump.
So....
Basically whats happening is when the car is running or turned off with key removed and locked the pump continues to run constantly (can be herd clearly) . I believe it's a short via water ingress.
I currently have pump unplugged to prevent fluid boiling and the battery being drained.
I continued to remove the plastic part of pump and it was very damp inside and had white corrosion everywhere. I put it In a tub with rice and into the hot press to see if it would help dry it out.... no joy... now I'm thinking that it became so corroded that theres a short inside the black plastic side that accepts the plug and has most of the wiring/circuits etc.
Has anyone else came across this problem and have they any idea how to solve ithe with out going down the pump replacement method ??

Cheers

·
5,665 Posts
There are a few companies who can repair unit but due to age of car I would look for a secondhand unit and make sure when replaced the "plastic bag" etc is fitted to the pump and silicone grease around plug to keep water out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the reply mate. Nervous incase it's not the pump itself that's faulty but the wiring. Should there be power going to pump all the time (running or not) or is it a short in the wiring causing the power to stay on..like when a radio can work when the cars off kind of thing (still getting a power supply when not in use) if that makes any sense :joy::joy:

·
5,665 Posts
Yes power is constant to pump the motor is controlled by pump ecu there is no external control of the motor as such. So faulty pump ecu should be only cause

1 - 6 of 6 Posts