Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just recently been on holiday with a car full (4 adults and a boot full) i found on numerous occasions the rear suspension was bottoming out, has anybody got any ideas how to overcome this problem , will adding spring assisters cause any problems.
any ideas would be appreciated,
switchmode :nono:

·
Registered
862 Posts
shedman said:
i have just recently been on holiday with a car full (4 adults and a boot full) i found on numerous occasions the rear suspension was bottoming out, has anybody got any ideas how to overcome this problem , will adding spring assisters cause any problems.
any ideas would be appreciated,
switchmode :nono:

Stiffer springs would make a difference but would also affect the ride quality. Silly question but did you have the tyres at the correct pressure (think its 37psi)?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh tyres were at the right pressure, had a look under the car but could not see any rubber bump stops. so can only assume that the shocks were bottoming. i have seen various methods of stiffening up suspension springs but as you say it will stiffen up the ride with the exception of spring assisters which only come into play when spring compresses to a set amount but as i have never used them i was wanting some info from some one who has used them, they are used allot in caravan towing.
regards,
shedman.:confused:

·
Registered
862 Posts
I personally havent used them but i think they would be worth a try. Have asked a mate who is into caravanning and he has them on his mondeo,says they do help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info, i think i will give them a try as they are not that expensive to buy and can easily be removed if no use, i thought when i got the 307 the rear suspension would be much improved to the 306 that i had diferent operation but it is almost a soft in action.
regards,
shedman.:nod:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts