Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

I am looking to replace both track rods and track rod ends on my 2003 307 2.0 HDI 110bhp, as I have excessive play in the left inner ball joint.

It seems that the track rods come in two different lengths of 320mm and 341mm.

I have measured the left track rod and I am getting a reading of 325/326mm in length.

I am guessing that this means the left side should in fact be a 320mm length unit.

Are both sides the same length or does one side use the 320mm and the other side use the 341mm?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.

·
5,651 Posts
They changed the rack on later models and they had longer track rods and I think outer track rod ends. As Storeman says the left and right are same length.

ECP list both and in details they give the DAMS number for the change over or if you are happy to post VIN can check servicebox for details.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies.

I totally forgot all about the DAM number system.

DAM number: 973588

Looking around more and I now have a total of four different lengths of 306/320/324/341mm.

Looking on ECP and GSF have them listed at 306/324mm Lengths.
Looking on Meyle online catalogue they have them listed at 320/341mm Lengths.

I am now more confused than when I started :bang:

·
5,651 Posts
There are only two sizes, I think the differences is down to way they are measured one is rod only and one with rod and inner joint.

My 2003 307sw had the shorted 306 rods when I changed them (I used Lemsforder rods part no 26059 01 )

I think the rack swap may be when face lift model came out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts