Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i've been searcing the net for some help with this issue, car has been doing it for quite a long while, where when i'm stopped (sitting at traffic lights etc) it will every minute or so do a very small judder, other than this the car is running perfect, no issues starting or driving.

Did have a new coil pack a month or 2 ago due to depollution fault.

But was doing this before the new coil pack and is still doing it now. It also had new spark plugs when coil pack was changed.

Found this on the net and wondered if it is correct ?

The slight engine shudder every now and again at idle is normal ...

they (307/206) all do that, as the mixture/timing is adjusted

continuously.

If not any other suggestions ? thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Hi, i've been searcing the net for some help with this issue, car has been doing it for quite a long while, where when i'm stopped (sitting at traffic lights etc) it will every minute or so do a very small judder, other than this the car is running perfect, no issues starting or driving.

Did have a new coil pack a month or 2 ago due to depollution fault.

But was doing this before the new coil pack and is still doing it now. It also had new spark plugs when coil pack was changed.

Found this on the net and wondered if it is correct ?

The slight engine shudder every now and again at idle is normal ...

they (307/206) all do that, as the mixture/timing is adjusted

continuously.

If not any other suggestions ? thanks.
Without a proper diagnostic hard to tell. Sort of sounds like my engine but I had got it checked and knew the specific part that had gone faulty.

·
11,710 Posts
It's a 307 convertible, petrol. Thanks.
That's interesting. I've diagnosed two petrol 307 CCs in the past with similar problems and it was the upstream / downstream O2 sensors at fault.

What diagnostic equipment was used on your car? The only way to get an accurate diagnostic is to use Peugeot Planet / Diagbox with an interface called LEXIA3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's interesting. I've diagnosed two petrol 307 CCs in the past with similar problems and it was the upstream / downstream O2 sensors at fault.

What diagnostic equipment was used on your car? The only way to get an accurate diagnostic is to use Peugeot Planet / Diagbox with an interface called LEXIA3.
Thanks for that info, I honestly don't know what it was diagnosed with, although it did diagnose the coil pack correctly, and that was the second diagnostic, the first said it was all 4 injectors, when that seemed rather costly, had someone else do it, which he did and came up with coil pack, it resolved that problem 100% (depollution fault).

But now we have this juddering at idle thing going on. Perhaps another diagnostic is needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
New here but have the same at idle 2 ltr diesel. Did I see something bout the rear engine mounting being a possible cause ???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts