Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, im new to the forum so be gentle lol. is it normal for the temp gauge on dash to sit around 70 to 75 ? this is my first peugeot, all my other cars the temp gauge has always sat at 90 when engine at normal operating temp. thanx in advance

·
Registered
687 Posts
hi guys, im new to the forum so be gentle lol. is it normal for the temp gauge on dash to sit around 70 to 75 ? this is my first peugeot, all my other cars the temp gauge has always sat at 90 when engine at normal operating temp. thanx in advance
Would suspect that the thermostat has failed. Does the temp increase when you sit idling at traffic lights and does it take a long time to warm up? If yes, that would be my first action to replace the thermostat as they are cheap enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would suspect that the thermostat has failed. Does the temp increase when you sit idling at traffic lights and does it take a long time to warm up? If yes, that would be my first action to replace the thermostat as they are cheap enough.
thanx for the reply. the car warms up pretty quick. i was driving the other day up a steep hill behind a tractor, had to stay in 1st gear as it was so slow and the gauge went into the red zone, stop light flashed up. i put blower on full and temp gauge went back to between 70 and 80. thanx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts