Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have tried a search but dont seem to be able to find anything but hopefully someone can help.

Does anyone have, or can point me in the direction of a fitting / removal guide for replacing a 307 wiper motor and complete mechanism?

many thanks

Adam

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi All,

I have tried a search but dont seem to be able to find anything but hopefully someone can help.

Does anyone have, or can point me in the direction of a fitting / removal guide for replacing a 307 wiper motor and complete mechanism?

many thanks

Adam
As the rear wiper is different to the front wipers, can you be specific in which one you mean?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Apologies - front wipers.
Ok thanks. I must warn you the wiper motor / linkage is a tough job and not for the faint hearted ie. those of little DIY / Car mechanic experience.

Its quite a task to document for you here but as an overview;

1- You need a spindle puller to remove the wiper arms from the vehicle first

2- You will need to jack up the front of the car and remove the engine undershield (put the car on axle stands or ramps to be safe)

3- You need to remove the cars battery & battery box and then undo the screws to allow the movement of the brake fluid reservoir to one side allowing access (You do not need to remove the supply hose)

4- You need to remove the engine compartment fuse box lid & cover held by plastic expanding rivets. The engine cover will also need to be removed.

5 - You now need to remove the engine air cleaner housing tgo the inlet manifold intake duct & possibly the throttle body (depending on engine).

6 - Then remove the plastic insulation panel from the back of the engine (just below the windscreen). It is attached by expanding rivets

7 - You will need put a jack under the transmission housing in order to hold the weight of the transmission, then undo the retaining nut from the transmission mounting on the left side of the engine compartment. The jack may now have to be lowered slighly in order to get to the wiper linkage & motor in order to be removed.

8 - Remove the soundproofing & clips and undo the bolts holding the scuttle crossmember. Release relevant wiring harnessess and clips. You will then have to prise the left hand wiper spindle from the connecting rod with patience (it is extremely frustrating)

9 - After undoing the assembly bolts and pressing down the centre of the linkage system you can carefully lift and move it out of position.

I would advise you this is a job for professionals and as far as I can recall since doing my last one I had to buy the assembly as a whole ie. the motor & linkage.

Good luck, just pick the rear wiper next time!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for your detailed reply -

I thought it would just be a case on unclipping the windscreen plastic tray, unbolting the brake fluid, unbolting the complete wiper conrod assembly and then popping it out and replaceing.

For the hassle I may just pay a mechanic to do it.

Many thanks,

Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts