Peugeot Forums banner

2002 Peugeot 307 2.0L MAP sensor problems

16K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  DannyR 
#1 ·
Hi there, i have a 2002 Peugeot 307 2.0L thats giving me a P0106 fault code, the engine doesnt idle, blows black smoke, backfires etc etc, i have replaced the MAP sensor with no change to engine performance, have then gone a little deeper to check power to the MAP sensor, i have a 5v signal wire and earth and the third wire is giving me 11v when the ignition is on, is this normal? Also when my scanner is plugged in, the key is on and the engine is not running i get a reading of 100KPA for the MAP sensor which is normal but when the engine is running it goes up to 105KPA, shouldnt it be around 50KPA? Any help your be greatly appreciated!!

#2 ·
If those figures are absolute then they seem ok. 105kpa is just over 15 psi which is fine as you will get slight boost even at idle.

Based on you symptoms I would check EGR valve first they are mechanical on that age so often give no direct codes only related code for air flow and boost pressure being too high or low etc

Miss read post though it was diesel still worth a egr check

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I brought the car with the issue, have had a little progress now, i did a smoke test on the engine and found that the intake butterfly shaft seals were leaking, i put in a second hand throttle body which has now fixed half the issue, the engine now idles and runs a lot smoother, the map sensor is reading correctly, new fault has come up now for the fuel trim bank 1 and o2 sensor heater, before replacing the o2 sensor im trying to find a engine wiring diagramme to see where the o2 sensors go to incase theres a relay or something.

#7 ·
Am having same problem.Running really rough.Backfired once really loud.
PP2000 P0107 and P1160.Short circuit to earth.
Tested volts at MAP sensor and getting 1.5 to 2 volts.
Am now looking towards the ECU to test but do not know which plug or wire number to look at.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.