Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my hazard warning lights keep coming on randomly whilst driving along. I can momentarily stop them by pushing the hazard warning button but they come on again a few seconds later. I've disconnected the switch to eliminate that but they still came on. Would this be a faulty bsi? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Doubt it, try checking the earth leads for security especially the - to body connection under the driver's foot.
Think the hazards are operating as a safety feature when the BSI senses low voltage or at least that's what happens with ours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have since had other faults occur as well as the hazard light. All the dials go down and the dash lights all start coming on and off. The radio volum also goes up and down?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
This all points to a loose major connection, I'd start with checking the connections in the battery box. Redo the earth under the drivers foot by connecting a temporary fly lead from batt - to the door catch so you can undo the 10mm bolt then clean and tighten it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I will give this a go. My friend pluged his scanner in to it yesterday and there was bsi communicating fault that came up. Also the radio volum also goes up and down and has flashing green light on it. I will check that earth wire and report back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been out and checked the lead that for from the - on the battery and bolts too the floor and the connection looks nice and clean corrosion free but I I took it off and sprayed it up anyway but doesn't seem to have cured the problem. Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Still would not condemn the BSI just yet, can you pull and push the connecting plugs and wires to and from the dials, radio and BSI to see if you can provoke the fault, this would give you the location for more investigation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts