Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My 406 would turn over but not start on tuesday, so had a look and we have diesel to the injectors and checked the glow plugs all ok. Battery has been starting to slow on cranking, put on new battery biggest one i can get in it still wont start. On cranking the engine management light stays on so towed the car to local peugeot dealer and they plugged in computer and i needs a new BSI unit, had one fitted and got the car back on friday no problems.
Went to go out on Sunday(today) and it wont start, same engine management light on and engine turning over.
Anyone had this problem or know anything i need the car for work so am thinking of towing it back down the dealer have spent £300 already on BSI and still have the same problem.
Many thanks Neil

2002 406 HDI 110bhp

·
Registered
862 Posts
Tell the dealer it wont start and you expect them to pick the car up and leave you a courtesy car. Intermittant faults are a pain to try and diagnose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
njl555 said:
Hi all
My 406 would turn over but not start on tuesday, so had a look and we have diesel to the injectors and checked the glow plugs all ok. Battery has been starting to slow on cranking, put on new battery biggest one i can get in it still wont start. On cranking the engine management light stays on so towed the car to local peugeot dealer and they plugged in computer and i needs a new BSI unit, had one fitted and got the car back on friday no problems.
Went to go out on Sunday(today) and it wont start, same engine management light on and engine turning over.
Anyone had this problem or know anything i need the car for work so am thinking of towing it back down the dealer have spent £300 already on BSI and still have the same problem.
Many thanks Neil

2002 406 HDI 110bhp
Don't mean to sound thick but what's a BSI unit.
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts