Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has witnessed this problem an know of a solution? The 2 wing mirrors are working with no electric issues, it is only the driver side that is not working properly, every time the car is locked it will fold in but the problem starts when it unfolds. some times it will not unfold so i just click the bottom on the door to fold them and click it straight away to unfold them then it goes back out. but it will not go into its place it keeps going out passed where it should stop. once i pull it back into place it does not click, its just sitting there. so basically if i go driving at high speed it will fold in since there is no give in it basically. i opened up the cover and seen that inside where the threads click into place the mirror doesn't line up with them. would i be better of ordering a new mirror or buying a second hand one? sorry it sounds very complacated. its simple its just soooo long to explain :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,631 Posts
You need a new mirror the folding mechanism in the mirror base has cracked this stops it locking properly it can sometimes be repaired but they are not that expensive used i have good silver ones

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it looks to be a simple anough fix just complicated to get into it but as you say it's not hard to get a second hand one :) thanks very much :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts