Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, unfortunately I do not have a service manual:(

Changing the timing belt on a petrol 1.6lt 307 TU...(2002 model).

I note the camshaft pulleys need to be pinned, seems straightforward...8mm pins thru the pulley holes.

Flywheel to be pinned, where is the alignment hole located? Net surfing it seems to be adjacent the oil filter, is this correct? Any pictures or service manual extracts greatly appreciated.:thumb: Note the mark on the front of the CS @ 6 o'clock.

Are these really an interference engine? carefully turning the camshaft I didn't note any valve contact @ TDC... ?

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 8mm camshaft pins are straightforward and align the cams without any doubt.

I note the alignment mark on the front crankshaft pulley - appears to be at approx. 6'çlock position when No.1 cylinder @ TDC with the cams pinned...The question remains - where do I pin the flywheel? I think it is near the oil filter, can anyone that has actually done this job confirm pls - 1.6lt petrol 307 (2002). Diagram/ Picture would be great:thumb:

Thanks in Advance.:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've never "pinned" the flywheel on any of the many pugs that I've had, usually pin the cams etc and then mark everything with white paint just in case including the crank.
Always works well for me and I've done a shed full of cam belts on all sorts of engines.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The 8mm camshaft pins are straightforward and align the cams without any doubt.

I note the alignment mark on the front crankshaft pulley - appears to be at approx. 6'çlock position when No.1 cylinder @ TDC with the cams pinned...The question remains - where do I pin the flywheel? I think it is near the oil filter, can anyone that has actually done this job confirm pls - 1.6lt petrol 307 (2002). Diagram/ Picture would be great:thumb:

Thanks in Advance.:)
The hole for locking the flywheel is accessed from behind the old filter....slide the bar behind the filter housing and you should find it. The locking tool should be cranked for easier access. You could try and locate it with some stiff wire or a coat hanger, before locking it off properly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. So confirmed the flywheel alignment access hole is adjacent the oil filter...:thumb:

Is the flywheel alignment access hole capped/plugged, or is it open?

I assume to get the timing in the ballpark, with the camshafts pinned the front crankshaft alignment mark should be at approx. the 6 o'çlock position?

Thank-you:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New Bosch timing belt has arrived - has 3 white timing marks on it...:)

With the camshaft pulleys pinned (8mm drill bit ends) The two adjacent belt marks align perfectly, threading the belt clockwise (righthand side) the third belt mark aligns with the crankshaft alignment mark when at the 6 o'çlock position (as confirmed TDC on No.1 cylinder) - happy days I think...:thumb:

I guess this aligns with the previous replies somewhat...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts