Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does having the battery disconnected for a few days affect the immobiliser system ?:confused:
do I need a code?

Battery reconnected, engine cranks over -will not start, I am suspecting the coli pack re my other post, just thinking of over possible causes...

I only have a mechanical key, never had an electronic button style remote. Always worked in the past.

Thank-you:)

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Does having the battery disconnected for a few days affect the immobiliser system ?:confused:
do I need a code?

Battery reconnected, engine cranks over -will not start, I am suspecting the coli pack re my other post, just thinking of over possible causes...

I only have a mechanical key, never had an electronic button style remote. Always worked in the past.

Thank-you:)
you may have spiked the bsi

get in try start and turn off ignition but dont take the key out, open the drivers door and if it does not beep to say key is in then the car is not seeing bsi and you need someone with planet to have a look

·
Registered
3 Posts
hope this helps

1. Get in car.
2. Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
3. Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
4. Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
5. Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
6. Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
7. Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
8. Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
9.remove key open & close door test central locking system
10. Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.
It did take three attempts following this procedure before it worked.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
1. Get in car.
ignition.
15 seconds.
not open doors.)
BSI related items.
all good but if the bsi has been spiked this will make no difference at all

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2002 307 1.6lt petrol battery disconnected

Many Thanks guys :thumb:

what have I got myself into... I thought you were joking at first...:eek:

Will investigate further, at least it sounds like the issue :thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. Get in car.
ignition.
15 seconds.
not open doors.)
BSI related items.
Many Thanks - will give this a shot and note the other BSI spike advice...

I only have a simple key with no remote button etc, it had to be physically inserted into the lock to unlock/lock the door, however prior to this issue it always started the car... I hope this won't cause me issues re step 8 above (bet it will :eek:). Will try it out (possibly standing on 1 foot blinking as a substitute step lol:p) Greatly appreciate the advice!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what was the results of what i described?
Sorry mate just after midnight here, I have the coil pack to refit and will give it a crack in the morning...:thumb:

I have an universal engine analyser but not a ' planet lexia diagbox' I had it connected earlier but had link issues... is this a special kit?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Sorry mate just after midnight here, I have the coil pack to refit and will give it a crack in the morning...:thumb:

I have an universal engine analyser but not a ' planet lexia diagbox' I had it connected earlier but had link issues... is this a special kit?
if it had a link issue it really does sound like the bsi has been killed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many Thanks - will give this a shot and note the other BSI spike advice...

I only have a simple key with no remote button etc, it had to be physically inserted into the lock to unlock/lock the door, however prior to this issue it always started the car... I hope this won't cause me issues re step 8 above (bet it will :eek:). Will try it out (possibly standing on 1 foot blinking as a substitute step lol:p) Greatly appreciate the advice!!!
In preparation of doing the steps above - refitted the coil pack, recharged battery back in, the car has "Economy Mode Active" displayed... Had a look over the forum have a basic understanding of this, but ... as I cant start the car, (awaiting to try the 10 step BSI reboot above) how do I get it out of economy mode? In this mode no electric windows...re step 8 of reboot.

I am still concerned that I only have a mechanical key ( no remote or button) It has always started the car in the past, just hope I can do the BSI reboot (starting from economy mode)

Help please !!!:confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In preparation of doing the steps above - refitted the coil pack, recharged battery back in, the car has "Economy Mode Active" displayed... Had a look over the forum have a basic understanding of this, but ... as I cant start the car, (awaiting to try the 10 step BSI reboot above) how do I get it out of economy mode? In this mode no electric windows...re step 8 of reboot.

I am still concerned that I only have a mechanical key ( no remote or button) It has always started the car in the past, just hope I can do the BSI reboot (starting from economy mode)

Help please !!!:confused:
Ok - My simple mechanical key has the same basic functionality in the drivers lock wrt central locking functions etc. I now understand step 8 is only to sync the FOB key to car, so not required for my simple mechanical key.

Windows up, economy mode activated...
Thought about pushing the door lock mechanism to make it think the door is closed, interior light goes off for this , then follow the reboot steps minus the key FOB sync step 8 - no joy...
Tried the process with a 2nd person sitting in the car (to access park lights with window up) - followed process minus step 8 - no joy...

What a shit fight:(

Any help greatly appreciated - problem summarised:

-economy mode activated

-I am advised to reboot BSI - followed steps (mechanical key only - skipped sync FOB key step 8)

-window up (tried 2nd person inside- no joy)

Thank-you :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Redone the BSI reboot to death - still/stuck in economy mode, no hint of a fire/start.

Really think the BSI is the problem -

My universal diagnosis tool could previously read codes, only gets link error now...

If my original thoughts of a coil pack problem were causing no start , surely I could read a fault code? - BSI issue....

I could stab in the dark replace the coil pack, hope it starts and reclears the economy mode - no sounds like the BSI issue to me...

Beginning to hate this car:(:confused:

I assume the lexia planet analyser is expensive or at the dealers? Can it read and reset my BSI or do I have to replace the BSI?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As per other post , done the BSI reboot to death - no luck...

If BSI is spiked what next? can it be reset or is it dead?

Replacement with VIN ? Do I need anything to setup a replacement ?

Not happy.:mad:

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
i have stopped giving you advise as you have not even taken note of the advise i have given you, have you checked what i said before..... if you would like to post the results to what i said when you have tried it (im not sure it works in economy mode)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have stopped giving you advise as you have not even taken note of the advise i have given you, have you checked what i said before..... if you would like to post the results to what i said when you have tried it (im not sure it works in economy mode)
I have tried to explain exactly what I have done, endeavoured to follow the BSI reboot in economy mode, stepped around the steps for a FOB key, used a second person to follow the reboot sequence to no avail.

I don't not have a lexia planet diagnostic tool - only a universal tool that now only says link error

There are no beeps leaving the key in the ignition and opening the door.

What else can I possibly tell you?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I have tried to explain exactly what I have done, endeavoured to follow the BSI reboot in economy mode, stepped around the steps for a FOB key, used a second person to follow the reboot sequence to no avail.

I don't not have a lexia planet diagnostic tool - only a universal tool that now only says link error

There are no beeps leaving the key in the ignition and opening the door.

What else can I possibly tell you?

sounds like the bsi is dead then as its not recognizing the key

try unplug and reconnect both 6 pin connectors from the back of the comms unit (indicator wiper switch)

if this does not work as you have no access to planet i would get a second hand bsi, ecu and key set but make sure the 96 number matches and that they all come from the same car

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sounds like the bsi is dead then as its not recognizing the key

try unplug and reconnect both 6 pin connectors from the back of the comms unit (indicator wiper switch)

if this does not work as you have no access to planet i would get a second hand bsi, ecu and key set but make sure the 96 number matches and that they all come from the same car
Thanks Mate - I'd pay you to come round with the planet gear
but its a bit far:)

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
you could invest in the cable and then you have it for next time and could even offer a service to others
if you have a look at planet map there is a member in Sydney with planet

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
You are stressing about the economy mode this is pointless

economy mode DOES NOT matter it will not stop the car starting the BSI reboot is also a waste of time if your key is not recognised your car wont start

When you initially removed the battery this is when the damage was done it is very easy to loose the key codes you need planet launch or some snap on gucci crap can recode keys this WILL help you bsi reboots wont !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts