Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone im new to this forum been trying to fix the problem myself, ive put a brand new fuel pump and sender unit in the car as i thought this would be the problem but now such luck, the fuel gauge doesnt move when i put fuel in, the gauge was stuck at 1/4 for ages no matter how much petrol i put in it, then one day it jumped upto 1/2 and has slowly been going down even if i put fuel in, ive been putting £10 in i know its not a lot but there is no moving the gauge other than down when im driving, please could anybody give me any advice on the problem i may just go to the petrol station and fill it up see how much it will let me put in and see if the gauge moves....any help would be very much appreciated
marcus

·
Registered
343 Posts
Has a Peugeot Planet diagnostic been done?

It could be the instrument panel, but the likeliness is the fault is elsewhere relating to the work youve done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi no a peugeot planet diagnostic has not been done, i dont think i have only owned the car about 2 months and replaced the fuel pump and sender unit as this is what i thought the problem was due to the gauge not working with the old sender unit, the instument panel everything else works fine just that one guage, any advice on what other things i could try myself before spending loads of money on the car cheers

·
Registered
343 Posts
hi no a peugeot planet diagnostic has not been done, i dont think i have only owned the car about 2 months and replaced the fuel pump and sender unit as this is what i thought the problem was due to the gauge not working with the old sender unit, the instument panel everything else works fine just that one guage, any advice on what other things i could try myself before spending loads of money on the car cheers
I would get a diagnostic is done that may lead you to the cause, however there are a number of issues with 307 fuel gauges from various causes.

The instrument panel can still be faulty even if the rest works, the needle can stick so you could if confident take the cluster apart and re-assemble.

The other faults could be;

- Engine ECU (this would be less likely if nothing else is problematic)
- Fuel Sender (Did you move the lever around and watch the dash display? What power were you reading in voltage?)
- Fuel Pump ECU (could be faulty)

Im not an expert here but this is what I would check
-

S

·
0 Posts
I did read a while back that it would take at least 7 litres for the ECU to recognise this as a valid amount for a fillup, however I don't know if this was ever confirmed!

I actually got this myself last night, put a tenner in to see me through till payday (6.90 litres) and the needle didn't move at all, not even a single mm

Knowing my luck it was the garage pulling a fast one with dodgy pumps! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts