Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've got the model described above I recently got the unblock diesel filter message causing lack of power as I dont no weather the filter has ever bin cleaned or anything I decided to buy a new one I got it for £133 it's the split one but I also noticed the car was blowing black smoke whilst driving and under acceleration any ideas on what the cause of this could be and how to resolve it. Cheers

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
Why buy something before actually diagnosing the reason for the problem ?

The black smoke is the real problem as this is what is blocking the filter as for the reason for the black smoke it could be hundreds of things or more than 1 thing.

you really need to read the forum and digest some of the info it could save you a LOT of money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been plugged in but it's only saying the dpf is at fault hence why I got a new one

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have read a few posts and from what I've seen blanking the egr seems a solution to the black smoke and poor fuel consumption would anyone advise me to have this done?

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
You need to get it plugged in again and look at ALL parameters not just read codes codes only tell you what has already happened not what is currently happening :)

Blanking the egr can help but only if it is actually playing up to be honest on the 2 litres egr is generally ok.

Fluid level of eolys
fuel cap sensor
Differential pressure sensor
Glow plugs

These are the usual culprits but without PROPER diagnosis you cannot know what is wrong

The other option is junk all the DPF system and remap ecu

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice1 for the reply the guy I bought it off mentioned he had had it plugged in and they mentiond a turbo pressure solenoid to him as well as dpf if that would cause anything along the lines of the smoke

·
Registered
160 Posts
Tbh if your car is a 2002 and the dpf has not been properly maintained / eloys not been refuelled, it will probably cost some money. Also the fuel cap sensor was surprisingly expensive.

However, you can always try to clean the dpf and refuell the eloys yourself, these things are quite easy. There are excellent guides on this forum.

But! As reliable406 say: you need a proper diagnosis.

You will also need planet if you have to do anything with the regen fluid. It's usually a good idea to buy it. Get an old useless laptop from someone and invest in planet+cable. You'll make your money back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gibbo just noticed your on the list for the Wirral I'm in Birkenhead are you far from there?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts