Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Doing the timing belt on my 202 1.1 106 on Saturday and the timing belt kit that I have came with this tensioner:

*Cant post links, so apologies - Ill have to post ebay item numbers!

*ebay Item Number: 230637458278

However, I keep finding references to cars post 2001 being fitted with this spring loaded, auto-adjusting tensioner:

*ebay Item Number: 332450594789

Hopefully this is enough to get the picture across!

I cannot find anything on the Internet about the fitment details of these two tensioners (other than the 2001 change), which leads me to believe that they are interchangeable? Many ebay listings advertise both tensioner types as fitting all 1.1 TU engines. Can I fit the older type metal tensioner that I have to my 2002 TU1JP engine?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
This has been asked before and its because the engine design changed in 2001 i believe the inlet port layout was altered among a few other things and the tensioner changed to suit so although either does indeed suit a TU engine you are best to use correct one for YOUR TU engine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much Reliable, maybe Im not used to the search function - thanks for answering anyway.

Ordered the correct tensioner to do the job properly. I like the idea of not having to mess around setting the correct tension anyway, so should make the job easier

1 - 3 of 3 Posts