·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ref chassis no. VF33CRHYB82058836
engine no. DYDQ3001586
mileage 122000

hi.

driving to work last week, running fine.... stopped for fuel. went to drive off but no joy.... engine turning over fine but not firing up.

car taken to local garage.... 5 days later... concluded that ecu was knackered and bill would be £1100+vat. he also stated that no codes could be read from diagnostic port. i also tried with my code reader but just returns link error.

anyway ecu sent to ecu doctor and was tested ok.

since then i have done the following:
1. removed and checked over in tank gauge (no pump on my model) - looks ok and filter fine.
2. changed fuel filter - did notice fine metallic filings in bottom of housing.
3. removed and checked all fuse in engine compartment and bsi unit.. all ok.

still didnt fire up after priming.

3. did bsi reset after battery went flat and tried again. no joy.
4. have removed timing belt and fuel pump covers, as i heard the fuel pump is prone to failing on these models... timing belt looked suspect as was hanging over camshaft pully wheel by 5mm and cover had groove worn in it plus wasnt taught.

for about a week prior to packing up i was getting a chirping sound from engine bay.. at first thought it might be the alternator tensioner pulley... could this have been the high pressure fuel pump failing ?

5. checked timing .. located pin in flywheel then looked at timing hole in camshaft housing and noticed timing out either by one tooth or could just be worn belt. timing belt change at 90000 so due another change in about 4000miles according to the manual.

i have looked into obtaining a recon fuel pump and this is my next plan of attack...

any help would be appreciated on the above.

regards
Foz.

ps. to add to above.. glow plugs all checked ok and when turning on the ignition "economy mode active" shows on centre console.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i had a non starter for ages after my fan belt shreded slightly and jammed carnk pulley. turned out to be woodruff key on the cam pulley had sheared. i would remove the rocker cover to check the rocker arms and then fit a new belt. be sure to check the woodruff key as if it is sheared it wont time up properly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi. thanks for your comments ... i will be changing the timing belt once i can confirm that the fuel pump is ok , so i will check the rocker arms etc prior to fitting. cheers foz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi. thanks for the comments.. fuses all ok, checked earth conections about the ecu area. ie took apart cleaned then re-attached.

Is there any other way i can read the codes ? as my code reader doesnt read anything when connected, confirming what the mechanic said. cheers foz

D

·
0 Posts
Get a fuel pressure test done. How do you know you don't have correct pressure on cranking. To be honest that should have been one of the things a good garage would have carried out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts