Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please help,,,,,
I've had my 806 now for 5 years, 110k miles by me, love it to bits, a luxury car yet economical van,,,,
recently retired, engineer, mechanic, always done my own stuff, but all classics, very few with fuel injection or the need of a laptop,,,,worked on everything from a 50cc moped to some of the worlds most expensive cars.
i've tried 7 different so called readers, none worked, all ok on post 2003 models, but not mine,,
to fix my car i have to borrow my friends 'pre OBD reader' from 15 years ago,,,,he's 100 miles away, and like most of us, doesn't like lending stuff out,
i know you recommend the planet system, i have no intention, ever , in buying a two grand system,
nice of you to arrange planet 'visits', but i fix my stuff usually in 8 minutes,,,a race mechanics thing. my tools go everywhere in the world with me.

can someone please tell me exactly what system is in my car , identifying it, so i can ask for the right reader,,,,,
i've bought them at 15 quid and up to 140, but still no success,,,,,
i live in Llandudno
can anyone help,,,,

thanks hippydog

·
12,075 Posts
Planet isn't a "two grand system". £50 would get you up and running with a new cable and a second hand netbook.

And if you won't accept a visit from a fellow member, then there's not a lot we can do.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
No OBD reader will ever work with this vehicle as standard OBD protocol for diesels wasnt mandatory until 2004.

You would need Peugeot Planet ( plus interface ) to access the information from the vehicles diagnostic port.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi..just to ask...what problems are you having with the car?
thanks noddy hol,,,,,,no power over a third throttle,,,get the light on if i add more throttle,,,,light will come off on it's own after a couple of days,,,,,
i took it to a garage a year back, something i've never done before in my life, got a 600 quid bill, problem still the same,,,,report that vacuum down on all switches controlling turbo, i went under it, checked rubber connector at turbo ok, there is a detectable leak somewhere on the top behind the water bottle,,,,if the light comes on it shows a problem with vac to turbo,,,,
i had a crack in the abs ring on a hub, showed up and replaced quick and cheap,,,also loose connector ,intermittent feed into airbox sensor, fixed cleaning and wd,,,,
car has now covered 210,000 miles i expect problems,,,as you would expect i need a reader,,,,
when i first joined your useful site, i think you offered a planet read near abergele, but as it was new years eve i put it on hold.
the 'pre OBD reader of my mates is no longer made.
i'm interested in my own reader as i intend to get a decent 807 next,, i'm so impressed with my 806,,,,,the dual mass clutch was hell to replace though, and the spring in it that takes the torque is no way good enough,,,'in my opinion'..
the only other problem is early on four years ago, the interior clock stopped at the same time as the parking up and intermittent wiper relay stopped,,,,i can't find the relay,,,it might be under the steering column,,,
thanks for asking,,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No OBD reader will ever work with this vehicle as standard OBD protocol for diesels wasnt mandatory until 2004.

You would need Peugeot Planet ( plus interface ) to access the information from the vehicles diagnostic port.
i can assure you my best mates 'pre OBD reader' works fine, twas about 140 quid 15 years ago, they stopped doing it,,,,,he has a busy car pitch, and limits my use, we're 95 miles apart too,,,,,,
yes i understand, readers seem to say post 2003 for an OBD2 reader,,,,,,,
i was hoping someone could tell me the 'language' so i could look up a reader that way or ask the suppliers. there is no urgency at the moment, happy to wait thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Planet isn't a "two grand system". £50 would get you up and running with a new cable and a second hand netbook.

And if you won't accept a visit from a fellow member, then there's not a lot we can do.

thanks for your answer,,,,the planet system i looked at 4 years ago was 1200 quid,,,,but as i'm not that savvy with I.T. and can be easily ripped in that area, i didn't go for it,,,,,
i think it's great that the members with it are willing to travel to check a car, here in north wales that travelling could be a fair distance. i never pursued it, but happy to talk to a local boffin if i need to. thanks

·
12,075 Posts
It's certainly something you should look into. We're needing someone in your area (It used to be down to me travelling from the Wirral to Wales at the weekends), so you could make a little money doing diagnostics for people.

The link in my post guides you to where to get the equipment and get it up and running.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's certainly something you should look into. We're needing someone in your area (It used to be down to me travelling from the Wirral to Wales at the weekends), so you could make a little money doing diagnostics for people.

The link in my post guides you to where to get the equipment and get it up and running.
thanks gibbo,,,,,i would have considered it two or three years ago, but i retired 3 months back at the same time took on looking after my 90 year old mum,,,shielding her from the covis sht,,,,,,if this 5 mile radius is extended, i could visit someone to be read, who/where are my nearest ? thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts