Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having recently suffered a high idle speed of 1200/1300 rpm which had me as well as mechanics who I consulted baffled , I took it upon myself to have a poke around the throttle system, starting with the throttle position sensor with the view of cleaning the contacts on the connecting plug , however after undoing the sensor from it's bracket (two allan key screws) and flipping it over to disconnect the wiring plug, I was greeted with a broken locating moulding which allowed the lower part of the TPS to rotate a couple of mm. , this was akin to pressing the accelerator pedal slightly increasing the idle speed. I repositioned the lower part to where it should be and success -idle speed is now 800-850 rpm. a new/second hand TPS will be sourced ASAP.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Having recently suffered a high idle speed of 1200/1300 rpm which had me as well as mechanics who I consulted baffled , I took it upon myself to have a poke around the throttle system, starting with the throttle position sensor with the view of cleaning the contacts on the connecting plug , however after undoing the sensor from it's bracket (two allan key screws) and flipping it over to disconnect the wiring plug, I was greeted with a broken locating moulding which allowed the lower part of the TPS to rotate a couple of mm. , this was akin to pressing the accelerator pedal slightly increasing the idle speed. I repositioned the lower part to where it should be and success -idle speed is now 800-850 rpm. a new/second hand TPS will be sourced ASAP.
Well done,good find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts