Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

As indicated above I have the Economy Mode Active Message displayed on my Centre Console.

I have tried the BSI reset as per Peugeot instructions, but to no avail.

The battery is charged and there is 20 litres of fuel in the tank. The engine turns over slowly, but does not fire, even when connected to charger, the situation is the same.

Before this, my Airbag light was illuminated on the Dash, so checked the wires and no sign of corrosion, I also get an ABS fault, which i presume is to do with wheel bearings?

I'd like to take my car to local garage for MOT and maintenance, but unable to start car.

Can you help?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Firstly, do the beep test. http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/tech-section-153/car-not-starting-beep-test-290202/
Do you get the beep?

Secondly, swinging over slowly...
a. get battery professionally load tested, being charged means nothing, it needs to have the capacity/amps behind the voltage.
a. check ground cables from battery-body-engine, remove, inspect contact terminals for corrosion/continuity, clean mating surfaces, lightly grease with a copper grease and replace. Do the same for the positive cable from battery to starter.
b. if above does not improve cranking speed, starter may be defective which is sucking the power away from the electronics. Get it checked.

Finally, Are you getting spark to the plugs when cranking? Fuel supply?

Dont know where you are but look at the map and try to find someone to diagnose the car with PP2000, both codes and live data. http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The most important thing to understand is the economy mode is NOT stopping the starting something else is. the economy mode is only there BECAUSE its not starting !!

A bsi reset wont help generally for starting issues you could actually make things worse.

If the beep test is ok and its manual try a tow start it this will get it out economy mode even if it still wont start

1 - 3 of 3 Posts