Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, well at long last I've persuaded my wife to part with her 2002 206 auto. It's just done 36K miles and is in excellent condition but it's just starting to show its age now.

She decided to go for the 108 Allure with the 2-tronic 'auto' box. Mid September delivery.

Now I didn't get on too well with this 'EGC' type of transmission when I had it in a Peugeot 2008 diesel car but this being a smaller car and petrol, I thought it would be better.

I swapped the 2008 'EGC' for a new 308 Allure with the EAT6 auto and I have to say I'm well pleased with that. She quite liked the 'EGC' in the 2008 so I reckon she will have no problem with this petrol version.

I just wondered whether anyone has this version and what their thoughts are, how does it drive in town and out and about etc....any problems?

Many thanks. Al.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've read some more threads about the 'automatic' and I'm confused as I thought it was a standard gear box and clutch which is operated electronically; ie the EGC system.

Some other comments seem to suggest it is a conventional automatic but other comments disagree with that!

So what system does the latest 108 2-tronic have then?

Is it the same as the 107 or has it been upgraded for the latest 108?

Al. :confused:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, from what I can gather it seems this is an ETG automatic which is similar to the EGC in the way it operates.

Peugeot are now just making the 108 with the 1.0L engine but there is a small increase in the BHP bringing it closer to the 1.2L performance.

The body is also more aerodynamic meaning less drag resistance and the latest ETG automatic box is also more efficient and responsive than it's predecessor with recent improvements implemented.

We'll find out soon as I've just been told our build date has been pulled forward by about 10 days.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mentioned the latest 108 petrol engine has improved performance.

The latest 1.0L engine is now 72BHP as opposed to 67BHP in the previous version.

That may not seem much but in a small light car it should, hopefully, give slightly more 'pull' when going up inclines/hills and give slightly more oomph mid-range.

I also read that the improvements to the ETG semi-auto box mean it will not try to shift up to a higher gear when going up-hill and changes should be smoother.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went to the dealers today to complete the paper work and had some encouraging news as a lady who purchased a 108 2-tronic 2 years ago enjoyed it so much that she went into the dealers today and purchased a new one that was on display.

Can't be too bad then for people to re-order.

Incidentally; my wife's 108 has been delayed for a special check of the fuel tank. It seems there has been a faulty batch and some are leaking fuel.

They have to check the fuel tank serial number at the docks before forward delivery to the dealer.

Pleased to say that ours was not in the suspected serial number list but because of the check it missed the transporter it was booked for.

Still hopeful for Friday but could be Saturday or early next week....we shall see.....

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have to say how impressed I am with this 2-tronic semi-auto box.

Changes are smooth and fast, holds a lower gear well when going up a hill, pulls away easily.

Another thing that impressed me was the acceleration for such a small engine.

Amazingly lovely little car...Love it! :cooool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I've driven my wife's 108 a few times now and have to say I can't really fault the set-up of this ETG semi-auto box with the slightly improved 1.0L engine.

The only one fault that is common to this type of semi-auto is that you must remember to select neutral if you are going to be stationary for a while as you could wear out the clutch.

I leave it in the auto (E) mode all the time except if I'm held up for longer than a normal traffic light change. It's no problem just to move the lever forward one notch into neutral and back a notch when traffic starts moving again.

Basically, treat it as you would a manual car when stationary, except you don't have to operate the clutch.

Normal driving in E mode is just a breeze.

Al. :thumb:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well her car is now 4 months old and I have to admit I'm driving it more and more for all local journeys....my wife has been over to Peterborough in it as well and said it was just perfect.

The engine is just 'peachy' and works perfectly with the ETG semi-auto box which operates flawlessly.

Very easy to park in the smallest of spaces, especially with the rear view camera. Very nippy around town.

My 308 has hardly been out of our garage since we got this little gem of a car.

Al. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good to hear you enjoying your 108 and the 'auto' is easy to live with. Agree these are great little cars, my sister had her manual 108 for 18 months now, and loves it, it got lots of little improvements over our 107, which make it nicer to live with :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts