Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've read a couple of articles on the net over last couple of days about people putting 2 stroke oil in there diesel tank and its effects.

better mpg, quieter, and smoother running.

so today got up had flat battery, so when i went to buy new battery though i'd get some 2 stroke and try it.

not sure if its the new battery or the 2 stoke but its massively different, alot smoother, starts easier which i'm guessing is down to the battery does seem quieter too.

anybody else tried it and had any results????

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a 110 2.0 hdi i read if you use the low ash stuff and not the synthetic it runs cleaner and is better for dpf.

Due to the pollution control measures of the EC diesel-oil is nearly sulphur free and contains up to 5% of bio-diesel. Sulphur has the property to grease the high pressure injection pump and the injectors. Without sulphur, the reduced greasing property of the new diesel has already shown negativ impacts on the long-term stability of the injectors and the high pressure pump. The pump manufacturers have tried to react by lining the moving parts of the pumps with teflon or other suitable material. However, the long term stability is still not achieved as with the old (sulphor contained) diesel.

The engine-research centre of a well known German car manufacurer has conducted some long term tests of diesel additives to find out whether any one of them will have an impact on the long term reliability of the diesel engine components. This introduction to explain were my information comes from.
The results of this research: any diesel additive of any manufacturer presently on the market is not worth the money!

BUT: 2-stroke oil, which we use in our motor saws, lawn mower or in 2-stroke motor engines has shown to have an extreme positive impact on diesel engines, if such 2-stroke oil is added to the diesel in a homoeophatic dosis of 1:200. In practical terms: 0,300 litre of 2-stroke oil into the 70l diesel tank. The 2-stroke oil will be absorbed by the diesel (emulsion) and grease every moving part of the high pressure pump and the injectors.

Besides this, the 2-stroke oil will keep the diesel engine clean, as it burnes cleaner as the diesel itself.

In other words, the 2-stroke oil has a much lower ash-content as diesel, when burned. This proven fact delays the DPF (diesel particulate (soot) filter) to clogg, and the "burn free" process of the DPF will be much less.
One more information: in Germany we have to present our cars every 2 years to the TUV -Technical Supervision Organisation - who will check, amongs others, the pollution of petrol and diesel engines.
The measured cloud-factor of a diesel engine without use of 2-stroke oil has been 0,95.
The same factor with the use of 2-stroke oil has been 0,47 - reduction of nearly half of the soot particles.
Besides this, the use of 2-stroke oil in the diesel will increase the milage by 3-5%.

just copied from another site, you get the idea though

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i have some oil in the shed. i have half a tank of fuel so ill bung 150ml in

my cars pretty smooth at 130k and has not dpf so not sure how it will help lol

id rather pay for some 2 stroke then redex if it works better

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've tried you'd be surprised, they say bout 200ml per tank. but i've read you can run a diesel pretty much on 2 stroke so if you put more in no hard ship.

i read about mercedes doing an endurance test fom paris to beijing and using it to keep things running sweet. now there not going to admit to it cos they'd be admitting there cars would be better off running with it. also in the east the quality of fuel is crap. so if your using cheap supermarket fuel it maywell be worth using. try it and see what you think i have:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok not saying you all should do it by posting this....

BUT im doing it and i have a 307 with 220000 kilometers on it and yes it starts easier, my antipollution lamp whent out after doing a high rev motorway trip 4000 rpm for like 25 minutes. and hasn´t come back after starting to go regular on the 2-stroke (motorcykel/scooter oil). It runs lot smoother and looks like more effictive for the dpf as far as milage economy it of course must be improven since the parts work easier when lubricated.

Had and old friend that was in the truckdriving biz and he always waited out to fuel up when in germany and said compared to the "eco friendly" diesel in sweden he could go almost 8-10% further on the well lubed german diesel compared to the heavy washed out swedish diesel.

So i say Go 2-stroke! :thumb:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have read that if you have a dpf then this oil is recomend (Liquid Moli no. 1052)
If you haven't got one then any is fine but don't get fully synthetic...(that's what some people on other forums are saying)

S

·
0 Posts
Been doing some reading about this today, think i'm gonna go for it

For anyone interested the recommended dose seems to be 2-300ml per 60L of fuel, although some have added more

Fully synth and semi synth don't seem to be recommended either, mineral all the way! (this is for a non dpf car)

Mini disclaimer: follow this at your own risk! Luckily I've only got a 90 so I should be able to fire anything through it without issue :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
my last car mondeo 2.0 tdci i ran 2 stroke through it for nearly 60,000 miles and never had any problems and can confirm it must clean something up as my mot smoke tests were better year after year but i dont know about using it with a dpf fitted,i got mine from wilkinsons low ash cheap stuff its green.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts