Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all 3 question not two as the title says lol
1. the fuel filter (2.0 hdi) if I replace it will it start ok? I've read post saying they replaced there filter and could not start it after.

2. The key fob battery is it ok just to replace it? Ie will not lose its code?

3. Dash LEDs, what are the LEDs called and i want different colours, how many do I need?
I want white clocks with red miles read out and red "red line" LEDs.
Middle display screen white
Heater knobs and centre column white.

Thanks for any info :thumb:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
to do the dials you need to use different backing. there is a link how to do a 307 with digital display

to do your fuel filter. have you got a hand pump on the top left of the engine?

if so you need to pump the diesel. it takes a while but it will start.
i disconnected the right hand hose from the fuel filter until it flowed out. i then plugged it back in and carried on pumping

if it doesnt start try again

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to do the dials you need to use different backing. there is a link how to do a 307 with digital display

to do your fuel filter. have you got a hand pump on the top left of the engine?

if so you need to pump the diesel. it takes a while but it will start.
i disconnected the right hand hose from the fuel filter until it flowed out. i then plugged it back in and carried on pumping

if it doesnt start try again
I thought you had to change the little LEDs for the colour :confused:
I do have a hand pump for the fuel would it be best to get the filter from pug or auto factor? Thanks

·
11,766 Posts
There's not much difference in prices of a filter from Pug or a motor factor, but a huge difference in types and quality. Give the old beast a treat and buy her the best!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's not much difference in prices of a filter from Pug or a motor factor, but a huge difference in types and quality. Give the old beast a treat and buy her the best!
Would pug sell the best ones? And would they give me the right one? Lol

What about the battery in the key? Am I ok just to pull it out and replace with a new one? I put a new battery in a vectra once and it lost its code :(

·
11,766 Posts
I've always been happy with Peugeot filters. When I buy online from a Pug dealer on Ebay he always supplies a sump washer FOC.

And as a comparison my brother went to Euro for his filters on Saturday. They gave him a second hand air filter first. The replacement didn't have the layer of sponge on the top:

Then they also gave him the wrong fuel filter. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts