Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm looking for a very good lower mileage or reconned BE4 5sp gearbox for a 2004 Partner 2.0HDI DW10 Engine. Think its RHY code. my shift fork levers are worn a fair bit and great hassle to got through gears . ( yes all gear linkages were renewed 3 weeks ago. Could collect within 100 miles of London.

Ray

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Partner or berlingo are the only boxes that fit they are not all the same so car one no good main difference is the selector linkage so they look the same but they are not you need to get the gearbox code off the casing its etched in so hard to see its not the casting number it will be
20DM73 type format

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi i'm looking for a very good lower mileage or reconned BE4 5sp gearbox for a 2004 Partner 2.0HDI DW10 Engine. Think its RHY code. my shift fork levers are worn a fair bit and great hassle to got through gears . ( yes all gear linkages were renewed 3 weeks ago. Could collect within 100 miles of London.

Ray
Fill in this form and someone will check a price for you.

https://www.peugeotpartsdirect.co.uk/peugeot-parts-contact-us/

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gearbox code

Hi Reliable
yes i did clean that part up so i could see the code properly and took 2 photos of it so i could write it down but can't find the pics now on my phone lol i'll do it again .
thanks mate.

Ray

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Gearbox code

Ok so while i was fitting a new clutch cable yesterday i got a better look at my gearbox code its 20DM50 . so now i have fitted new genuine gear linkage levers new borg and beck clutch cable new gear 8 75/80 gear oil and the luk clutch has around 14000 miles use. Gears still tricky to change up or down so i'm still looking for a lower mileage gearbox that will be a straight swap.
Van is a 2004 Partner 2.0 HDI RHY DW10 engine which has 169000 miles on it now but been so well looked after. LUK clutch has about 14000 miles on it so not on its way out .

·
5,672 Posts
Maybe worth looking at getting a damaged or faulty gearbox (diff failure or similar) and stripping it for the selector forks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gearbox

Hi Windy thanks for your message , i am also considering that. the nuisence part is i can't take the van off the road right now . Trying to find a decent low milage gearbox for a 2004 is not easy.
Anyone know if it has to be that code 20DM50? could another code be the same spec ?

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
As i already said it has to be from a partner or berlingo due to selector linkages being vehicle specific the core gearbox is used in many models and is the same but they are made to suit the final destination.

There are many boxes that look the same but when you go to fit them they wont fit for various reasons some can be altered to fit but others simply wont fit some are cable clutch some hydraulic this can be changed if you know what your doing gear cables fit at least 3 different ways again some can be altered.

The last 2 numbers specify the fitment

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gearbox

Ok Reliable so it has to be a 20DM50 to make things simple, but i guess if i wanted to make a good one out of two then the code is not crucial.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
As i already said it has to be from a partner or berlingo due to selector linkages being vehicle specific the core gearbox is used in many models and is the same but they are made to suit the final destination.

There are many boxes that look the same but when you go to fit them they wont fit for various reasons some can be altered to fit but others simply wont fit some are cable clutch some hydraulic this can be changed if you know what your doing gear cables fit at least 3 different ways again some can be altered.

The last 2 numbers specify the fitment
How do we select the right clutch cable for car? Mine's a 2005 2.0Hdi Partner........... is the cable specific to the gearbox code or VIN# ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gearbox code

Yes it is , i made the mistake of buying one that was identical in looks but slightly shorter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts