Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 307 2.0 hdi 90 seems to be sluggish.

i went from a 1.4 petrol to this and the other car was loads faster. a 1.4 that could go 125 easy !!! wheels rattling but i did it down hill :):)

this car is struggling to hit 90?
dont know if its just koz its diesel and am not used to it yet?
but it sure struggles to go an further than 90 mph.

no faults on planet, no modifications. thinking of getting and chip for it or a remap. had it mapped but it was taken off when the garage sold me it (stupid dad)

·
11,767 Posts
These cars can be a little sluggish.

Other than a remap I'd recommend a good service, replace the stock air filter with a K&N panel, make sure all the air intake pipes are sound and tight (check the back of the air filter box to see if the lugs are broken), and a good dose of Millers Diesel Eco Max every fill up.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make sure all the air intake pipes are sound and tight (check the back of the air filter box to see if the lugs are broken), and a good dose of Millers Diesel Eco Max every fill up.
pipes seem fine. although i have jsut reconnected the pipe at the back of the engine. posted on the thread about wooshing sound. came from the joint just a the back in the middle of te iping. had to loosen the tightner thingy and push it back in... and what is the eco max stuff?

·
11,767 Posts
I agree with David. I've seen a sluggish 307 before with no faults showing on the MAF, but a replacement has seen an improvement.

And you should also consider that whoever remapped it back buggered it up.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just had it remmaped back again today to its original as it was saved on a drive. still no luck. ill try the airflow sensor. planet is bringin back an intermittent EGR error, more airflow than recomended?>?>?

its a new frikin valve?

and ummm. private road ill be testing on :s same one i tested the 1.4 to 125mph on.:thumb:

D

·
0 Posts
More airflow that recommended fault is a control solenoid fault. Why did you fit an egr valve. Just blocking rubber pipe going into top of it would suffice.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what?
i bought it from a garage took it home and it went into limp mode. ran a scan and egr was coming up so took it back and they fixed it. now its something else?

took it for a test with sensor off.
it jumps when starting like itss about to stall then catchs back up. normal?
no differance in speed tough so going to plug it back in.:nono:

D

·
0 Posts
Its not an egr problem. Have they blocked it up anyway?

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no they put a new valve in there as far as i know?

reconnected to airflow meter now as there where no increase of performance so theres nothing wrong there.

just noticced also the joint of the airpipes at the bak that i put together the other day has opned up again. closed i again and it wont go in any further and the clip wont tighten anymore but still seams loose.

·
Registered
102 Posts
no they put a new valve in there as far as i know?

reconnected to airflow meter now as there where no increase of performance so theres nothing wrong there.

just noticced also the joint of the airpipes at the bak that i put together the other day has opned up again. closed i again and it wont go in any further and the clip wont tighten anymore but still seams loose.
i think its worm drive clip what your talking about proberly be better off buying a new one as they slip after they have been over tightened :thumb:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
still having no luck with speed :(
just changed oil and filters. airbox filter was black, now yellow.
still no change. struggling at 90.
dunno what else to try.

:confused:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts