Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Perhaps most important issue first - central locking. When I'm in the car with all the doors closed, I can lock & unlock the car using the switch above the door handles. However, with a door open, I can't - the switch becomes very stiff and it's impossible to force it one way or the other. I also cannot use the key to lock or unlock the car with doors open or closed - it's very stiff as well. Does anyone know what could be wrong? I rang a local garage to see what they could do for me but including parts & labour they were going to be quoting me over £400 - and I only paid 375 for the car! I am toying with buying a Hawk remote central locking kit (they're about £25) and fitting it myself, but I would like to exhaust all possibilities first.

2nd issue: there's a weird creak from the passenger footwell when the electrics or engine are on. It's inaudible from the outside, but quite clear inside. I've tried turning things on and off and it won't go away. A previous post on another set of forums thought it may be to do with the A/C but we weren't really able to follow this through - with switches on and off there was no change. My first fear was that it was hydraulic, and a problem with the brake lines, but the brakes are working perfectly so I doubt it's that. Any ideas?

It's a Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi. 1999 Pre facelift. Manx registered, so no point giving you that as it's no use to date the car!

Also, one last appeal for info: I understand there were two 2.0L HDi engines available i nthe 406 from 1999 onwards. One was 89HP with 151 LB/ft torque, and the other 108HP with 180 LB/feet torque. Any way I can determine which is in my car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I feel like a bit of a tool now... the central locking is now fixed. Squirted some wd40 into the lock and hey presto!

Other issue persists though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input, the guys over at 406oc said the same thing - music to my ears! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts