Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 faults logged.........egr valve open/stuck....(understand why it shudders when switching engine off now)

airflow sensor........

cleared both the above........the diagnostics then says ' 1 fault present airflow sensor.......

cleaned the sensor 2 weeks ago.....just for the sake of it,must need new one i think,should i unplug it see if it makes any difference to the drive or replace it?

can i clean the egr valve?........if so what the job like?..........ive heard its under airfilter.

·
12,079 Posts
If you're getting repeated codes logged then replace it. The MAF is a common part to fail and you can't clean it.

You can clean the EGR valve, but it really needs taking off and cleaning with brake cleaner. You can buy cans of spray egr cleaner but they're not great.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're getting repeated codes logged then replace it. The MAF is a common part to fail and you can't clean it.

You can clean the EGR valve, but it really needs taking off and cleaning with brake cleaner. You can buy cans of spray egr cleaner but they're not great.
thanks,im gona clean egr on wed/thr.....im going to take it off clean it 100% then put it back,il get new gasket and seal/s if theres any,anything i should know when taking it off to clean do's/donts ?

thanks for the reply,if i disconnect the maf,il be able to tell if it works?....if its not working and i disconnect it it should make no difference to the power,is this right,if it is working once disconnected i should lose power.

maybe egr is bringing up maf fault?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts