Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, well the coupe has been spot on for 5 months or so (lucky me) i noticed last week a diesel exhaust fume but it quickly cleared. i went out sat morning and opened the windows to clear the water from them and heard an exhaust blow at tickover (from engine bay) rev engine and it stopped, then appeared back at tickover. went off to where i had to go and listened at tickover all fine. drove the car 6 hrs later all fine. sunday morning i opened the bonnet removed the cover to have a glance, no obvious soot or leaks. started the car no blow what so ever. used all day and fine, started monday evening to drive home from work and was there again at tick over but quickly went and wasnt there when i got home. it seems random as it does it when car is hot or cold or sometimes doesnt do it at all.

has anyone seen or heard of this before? advice would be great before i book it in to a garage. thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
That does sound strange indeed ... :(
Are you sure is not a recirculating flap (EGR) or so ... sticking and making a sound (like someone put their hand at a tail pipe to restrict flow).?
Other than that I can think of a manifold gasket, and when it warms up expands and seals properly? Keep in mind being a V6 it would have 2 of them, good luck trying to see in there though :( a lack of space.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its definitely an exhaust leak, but would assume a manifold gasket would leak until warm as you state, this is anytime hot or cold or not at all................ no warning on dash......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts