Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have an 807 2.2HDi and having issues with it, mainly having a lack of power. My mpg is down, it has slow acceleration which can be a little nerving when joining roundabouts, and at junctions. I also need to drop down the gears to get up hills, sometimes having to drop to 2nd gear. there appears to be no real power till the revs hit 2500rpm or more.
Am I expecting too much from this car, I thought it should a bit power with the size engione in it and be able to handle hills fairly well, especially when its empty.

Faults I have found and tried to rectify are fuel cap sensor faulty, so have replaced with a manual switch which simulate the fuel cap sensor.

Replaced the DPF with a new one.

Repaired the swirlflap actuator which was broken, which left the swirlflap lever in the down position.

EGR has been blanked off before I purchased the car so dont believe the EGR to be an issue.

I have run PP200 and checked for faults and nothing shows up pointing to anything.

Any suggestions where I could look next? I am getting a little annoyed with it, dont really want to sell it but dont want to spend a great deal more on it either.

·
6,000 Posts
How did you wire switch, it is not a simple on/off it is a change in resistance (so ecu can detect faults)

How does it run with MAF disconnected, when you did the swirl flap did you check diaphragm is intact and lastly have you checked turbo solenoid (you can swap it with the unused EGR one)

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
2.2 is no slowcoach when working right check ALL the vacuum pipework a leak at 1 solenoid/pipe will affect the whole system.

As above switch is no good for fuel cap sensor its a reed switch controlled by the magnets so it has resistance open or closed.

Swirl flaps are fine left open wont affect power to any great extent.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Could also be that the variable vane system in the turbo is sticky due to carbon buildup. My 2.2 had this issue [among others]. You will have to remove the turbo to check/fix this though. Make sure the vacuum actuator is working as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wired the switch up to be switchable between 15ohms and 150kohms, and then mounted the switch on the filler pipe in the wheel arch. I checked in pp2000 that it could see it and showed filler cap present/absent when I switch it.

I replaced the MAF sensor with another as I stupidly stuck my finger in my old one, haven't checked the new though. If it is this will I loose more power again?

When I had the swirl flap actuator off, I pulled out or pushed in the arm and out my finger over the vacuum inlet and the it held in place, thought this was a good test but not sure how strong the vacuum is.

I will check all the vac lines and solenoids tomorrow see if I find anything. I hope it's not anything at the back of the engine because it's a nightmare to get to.
If I want to get to the actuator on the turbo, can I access it from the bottom with out removing g the turbo?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today I have disconnected the MAF, an anti pollution fault came up and I had less power than before, so im assuming the MAF is working.

I disconnected the vac line to the Swirl flap accurator and blocked it off with no improvement either.

I have swapped the EGR and Turbo solonoids around and it made no difference. However I did notice the breather pipe on the bottom of the EGR solonoid was not fitted correctly so Im not convinced it was working to begin with, maybe someone had previously swapped them over, not sure how I can prove they are working at the moment.

I have ordered a vacuum gauge so I can test the lines out which will be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vacuum gauge turned up today, and I conducted a few tests on the system.
I checked the lines that the solinoids control for leaks, all held their vauums.
I checked the swirl flap actuator and that also held its vacuum.
I then disconencted the vacuum line that supplies the turbo solinoid and connected the gauge to it. I started the engine and I had a constistant vacuum. Im not sure if this a fool proof test or not, but I think the vacuum system is intact.

Not really sure now what way to go with it. I can hear the turbo starting to whistle down at 1500 rpm or so, but there is just no power with it.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
If the vacuum system is all working which from your description apears to be the case then the only other thing could be a sticky actuator on the turbo meaning although the turbo is trying to boost the vanes are not moving to allow the boost to build properly.

You might be able to use your vac gauge to test boost levels depends on type of gauge

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vac gauge I have is the Sealey VS402 Vacuum Tester & Brake Bleeding Kit , not sure if Im able to use to check the boost levels, but im guessing probably not.

If it is a sticky turbo actuator that means I have to remove the turbo? Is that a big job, any pointers or advice how to remove it?

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Lets put it this way you dont want to have to remove the turbo !!!

Get a boost gauge and plumb it in first to be sure as removing the turbo on these is no fun even less fun if it turns out to be ok !!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Are you sure you aren't loosing boost? Check the large rubber elbow under intercooler, there is a bracket that digs into the pipe eventually causing a hole. New pipe was £100 from Peugeot as it came with another pipe and plastic joint but you should be able to get one s/h.
After I fitted it, still no go but suddenly large cloud of black soot from the exhaust and all power back, think the loss of boost caused the dpf to block so your new one may need washing through.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Checked all my hoses again, and found a hole in the hose coming of the turbo itself had a split. Replaced this hose hoping that it would be the fault, but still lacking in power.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Loss of boost will cause soot build up in dpf. Remove the pipe on top of the intercooler and confirm you have loads of air coming through even at idle, temporarily block it and confirm no other leaks.
What about checking the air filter and trying the car with the exhaust disconnected below the turbo it won't make a massive amount of noise and then you can rule out/in the dpf being blocked after a short run.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So an update to my problems.
I decided to inspect all my air hoses that connect to the turbo all the way to the engine and the intercooler itself also, I found no leaks in any of them. Whilst I had everything off I gave the MAF and the MAS a good spray of degreaser spray to see if that would help, then put everything back togther again.
Took it out for a drive and all power has been restored, and what a difference it is now.
However, driving up hills particulary on motorways when it starts to pull a bit an anti pollution fault pops up and limp mode starts.
I have had this several times all under similar conditions. If I take it easier up the hills it doesnt happen.
I have changed the swirl valve actuator for a new one, but still the same.
I have also put a couple of bottles of turbo cleaner in also, with no difference.
When on PP2000 I have two faults - P0245 Tubro Pressure too high, and P0402 EGR air circuit fault.
Any ideas what could be causing this fault?
I have an EGR plate installed, could this cause any problems?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well progress of a sort! I'd watch the swirl flaps snap open by holding the revs above 2000 (twist the adjacent throttle potentiometer above the engine), after a short pause you should see the actuator operate. If this is OK I think I would remove the blanking plug.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts