Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as my car hasn't been touched by a mechanic in 1114k miles since it hit 40k, I have decided to treat it to a new oil filter which I picked up today, but have no idea where it is in the engine.how to change it! can anyone help?

I am going to order a fuel filter aswell, so same question there too!

thanks in advance for any info

G

·
0 Posts
Oil filter is between the radiator and the engine, towards the left about half-way down. There are 2 types of fuel filter, if your filter housing has 2 pipes on top, its a Bosch - if you have 3 pipes, its a Mahle ( Siemens )

The fuel filter bowl can be tricky, brute force may break it so be gentle - tap the corrugated ring anti-clockwise with a screwdriver and hammer until its finger tight. The pipes on top have coloured tabs to push in with your fingers, then slide them off ( some fuel will trickle out.... )

Good luck..:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks, ill try and do the oil filter today, fuel filter ordered so will hopefully have that done by the weekend!

im only getting 30-35mpg out of the car even driving it sensibly, used to achieve over 50mpg, could that be down to the filters in any way?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks found the fuel filter, looks liek I may have to undo 3 screws is that right? guessing the fuel filter will be fiddly.

cant be sure about where the oil or air filters are, I can see what I think may be the oil filter but it looks very awkward to reach?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The fuel filter on mine is a sealed unit; there is no replacable cartridge. The whole thing costs about £50 and holds quite a lot of fuel.

Be careful taking the pipes off; one of the clamps on mine has been broken.

The oil filter is a paper cartridge inside a plastic housing -- the same as on the 1.6 and 2.0. You need a 27mm socket to get the housing off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks yea the filter I ordered for the fuel looks like a plastic housing and is due to arrive tomorrow, cost £35 online but was quoted £50 by Peugeot. do I need any tools to remove it?

on the 2.2hdi (im conscious it may be a different layout to the 1.6 or 2.0), do you know where the oil filter is? and the air filter? thanks

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The air filter is in the big black plastic box on the right of your photo. I think it just unbolts. As I said, be careful with the clips on the fuel lines as they're easy to break. You'll also need a funnel to pour the fuel out of the old filter back into the tank.

If you look down the front of the engine you'll see a plastic dome with a 27mm nut moulded into the end of it. The oil filter is in there. It's not the traditional metal filter that screws on; it's a paper cartridge inside that plastic housing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for that appreciate the help, looks like I was right about th eoil filter location at least, although it looks like it might be a bit awkward to reach ill give it a go tomorrow

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fuel filter changed, the car was very stutter and cut out but after I hand primed it it started and ran fine, Im assuming it needed fuel in the filter?
under the filter was a cable in the photo below

there is a hole in the bottom of the filter that it would fit but its just plain plastic? it didn't appear to be connected when I removed the old one and the lead is incredibly short so would be a nightmare to fit, any ideas what it is?

also the oil filter, I am certain ive identified it but how the hell do you get it out/off?

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts