Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407SW 2.2HDI 207hp/452Nm Stage 1
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
My FAP made a regeneration before 300km ~ 200 miles. But now he is almost clugged - 96% load and doesn't want to make regeneration.

Fault - F031 - No communication with the diesel additive ECU

So, I saw the values in DiagBox - 0 ml injected quantity of EOLYS in the fuel tank. 1145ml left in the EOLYS, which stays like that from 1 year, I don't know why... So, basically I cannot see if there is any EOLYS in the EOLYS tank.

But, with a little reseach I saw that the problem can be caused by "Particle Filter El Control Box", number 20 from the picture below, with part number 1525 CY - Because, from my understanding, I don't have separate ECU for the EOLYS, because I am with the Cross-Ranged BSI, is that correct?

Any ideas how to remove the fuel cap and to test this sensor?

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi guys,
My FAP made a regeneration before 300km ~ 200 miles. But now he is almost clugged - 96% load and doesn't want to make regeneration.

So, I saw the values in DiagBox - 0 ml injected quantity of EOLYS in the fuel tank. 1145ml left in the EOLYS, which stays like that from 1 year, I don't know why... So, basically I cannot see if there is any EOLYS in the EOLYS tank.

But, with a little reseach I saw that the problem can be caused by "Particle Filter El Control Box", number 20 from the picture below, with part number 1525 CY - Because, from my understanding, I don't have separate ECU for the EOLYS, because I am with the Cross-Ranged BSI, is that correct?

Any ideas how to remove the fuel cap and to test this sensor?
If you connect diagbox.
There is a test option in the ECU. There you can see if the fuelcap sensor is working.
9 out of 10 times it is the magnet and not the sensor. The magnet simply falls out.
But are you getting a fault message?
I usually force a regen every now and then.
I drive it hard i 3 gear 4000rpm for 10 minutes. Then I shift to 4gear 3400 rpm for 20 minutes. Back to 3 gear 4000rpm for 5 minutes. That always does the trick.
I do as often as possible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

But I've got this fault from 3-6 months, something in this time of period and I didn't have any issues with the regeneration of the filter.

I assume that the additive is gone, 0... But the sonsor which providing the ECU is gone along with the additiive itself. I will remove the additive tank to check what is the status.

·
Registered
428 Posts

But I've got this fault from 3-6 months, something in this time of period and I didn't have any issues with the regeneration of the filter.

I assume that the additive is gone, 0... But the sonsor which providing the ECU is gone along with the additiive itself. I will remove the additive tank to check what is the status.
I might be mistaken but your car does’nt have additive ecu. It is very simple when you remove the filler cap it activates a pump that adds a little eolys to the fueltank.
3l of eolys lasts for 250000 km at least.
If you arent getting any beeps with depolution faulty, everything works.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
On the later models, iirc, the 2.0 HDi engine ECU took over the function of the additive ECU (hence in peugeot planet to get status of DPF, you go into the engine ECU, not BSI!). However the 2.2 HDi, even though it is technically a 2.0 HDi engine, uses a different ECU from Bosch, which may still need the additional additive ECU!

Fault code suggests it does have the additive ECU and if faulty will not let your car regen.

Best way to check is crawl underneath the car and locate it, find the pump on additive tank and follow the wiring harness back. While underneath see if additive tank has fluid in it.

If ECU is present, remove the plug to it, check for corrosion, water ingress etc, otherwise it may be a broken wire in the harness.

Depending on exhaust gas temperature, the DPF can burn off the soot on it's own some times. A fully functional system would not require any forcing whatsoever, just drive above 50mph in any gear for about 20 minutes every 500 miles or so, you will be fine.

·
Registered
428 Posts
On the later models, iirc, the 2.0 HDi engine ECU took over the function of the additive ECU (hence in peugeot planet to get status of DPF, you go into the engine ECU, not BSI!). However the 2.2 HDi, even though it is technically a 2.0 HDi engine, uses a different ECU from Bosch, which may still need the additional additive ECU!

Fault code suggests it does have the additive ECU and if faulty will not let your car regen.

Best way to check is crawl underneath the car and locate it, find the pump on additive tank and follow the wiring harness back. While underneath see if additive tank has fluid in it.

If ECU is present, remove the plug to it, check for corrosion, water ingress etc, otherwise it may be a broken wire in the harness.

Depending on exhaust gas temperature, the DPF can burn off the soot on it's own some times. A fully functional system would not require any forcing whatsoever, just drive above 50mph in any gear for about 20 minutes every 500 miles or so, you will be fine.
his dpf is almost blocked 90something percent.
It needs a little help. Normal driving will not do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,I have an update. So, yesterday I went underneath the car and removed the heat sheald of the exhaust system around the EOLYS reservoir , because the the whole reservoir is black except the tiny-miny windows with "min" and "max" level indicator of the liquit. The EOLYS is almost full. I thought so, because the car is imported from Switzerland and when I measured the differential pressure of the filter on 2nd and 3rd gear with full acceleration the car made 150mbar, which is amazing for a car on 211 000km ~ 131109 miles. So, probably the filter has been replaced and the fluid refilled, because there was no termo shield below the reservoir, it was removed.

Anyway, I checked the filter with DiagBox - it shows 15% of load. So, the filter made his regeneration before couple of days with the error. Basically, with this error I cannot see the level of the EOLYS in the EOLYS reservoir and I cannot see the injected quantity in the diesel reservoir - shows 0ml. But works, which is the most important thing.

When I was underneath the car I saw the socket with a bundle of cables coming in the middle of the cabin and moving forward, so I assume that the filter is controlled by the ECU of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts