Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and you help wopuld be greatly appreciated.

I have recently bought a 2003 2.2 Hdi estate, have changed all filters, good quality oil, cam belt and auxillary belt. It has done 94K Miles. It is quite on start up and pulls very well upto about 3000revs. After this if you accelartae hard there is a ratel which sounds like tappets, however it is rev and pedal position dependant, cruise at 4000 revs and it is quite but accelaerate at 3500 revs it sounds like a bag of spanners to go quite again once cruising, in all gears. Fuel consumption is over 41mpg average and it has burnt no oil at oil in 4000 miles. it is very smoth with no noticable vibrations even when this noise is evident, it does not sounds like piston slap or bearings. i would also say it does not pull as well at theses higher revs as it does at the lower revs, is this normal for this engine. Any help in identifying this noise would be very welcome.

Regards

Tim:confused:

·
Registered
862 Posts
lion lover said:
I am new to this forum and you help wopuld be greatly appreciated.

I have recently bought a 2003 2.2 Hdi estate, have changed all filters, good quality oil, cam belt and auxillary belt. It has done 94K Miles. It is quite on start up and pulls very well upto about 3000revs. After this if you accelartae hard there is a ratel which sounds like tappets, however it is rev and pedal position dependant, cruise at 4000 revs and it is quite but accelaerate at 3500 revs it sounds like a bag of spanners to go quite again once cruising, in all gears. Fuel consumption is over 41mpg average and it has burnt no oil at oil in 4000 miles. it is very smoth with no noticable vibrations even when this noise is evident, it does not sounds like piston slap or bearings. i would also say it does not pull as well at theses higher revs as it does at the lower revs, is this normal for this engine. Any help in identifying this noise would be very welcome.

Regards

Tim:confused:
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Pretty common in this engine. It has an overboost facility,basically you floor it and extra fuel is injected into the engine. Sounds very much like the tappets, does improv economy and performance. If you car is running ok and economy is steady i wouldnt worry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your prompt reply, much apprciated.

Tim:) :)

the moose said:
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Pretty common in this engine. It has an overboost facility,basically you floor it and extra fuel is injected into the engine. Sounds very much like the tappets, does improv economy and performance. If you car is running ok and economy is steady i wouldnt worry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts