Peugeot Forums banner

2.2 antipollution warning.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  7-up 
#1 ·
Hi All.
Been a long time since I have been on here as the car has been running fine.
Needless to say it has now developed a problem.
For some time, on and off when it feels like it the Engine management light comes on coupled with the display showing "engine antipollution system defective"
The additive tank has been empty for some time, mainly due to the £250 to refill it. A Global test shows "permanent fault differential exhaust pressure signal. Coherence of the differential pressure when stopped"
Also a fault with the EGR pressure.
Stripped and cleaned EGR valve and plumbing, although it seems very clean.
The general opinion locally was DPF blocked, so I added some DPF cleaner to a full tank and ran it until empty.
Did a forced regen, now that's a scary process. Cleared fault codes, light out, problem solved, you would think.
Next day light back on, Global test shows the same faults.
The light goes out when it feels like it and a Global test shows the same faults but intermittent.
I have now run out of ideas.
Hoping some kind person has the time and knowledge to help me out.
Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you have no DPF additive the filter will block, you need the fluid for a regen to work. You could try removing and washing out DPF but with filling fluid it will soon block again.

You could also have a faulty sensor, over pressure from a blocked filter can damage them or the pipework to it is now also clogged

#3 ·
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/1306802-post2.html

It sounds like the problem is something to do with the differential pressure sensors, and that you have not addressed this.

You should be able to monitor the differential pressure in parameter measurements in pp2k.
There has been some discussion recently about what constitutes typical values.
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/permanent-regeneration-329722/#post2197004

AFAIK the purpose of the differential pressure is to detect puncture of the DPF; it is a common misconception that it is used to estimate soot load or blockage of the filter.

#4 ·
Sensor is used to assist loading on dpf calculations. If you increase pressure on upstream side it will trigger a risk of blocking fault if it's higher than calculated figure based on boost levels

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#5 ·
dpf

Ive also a 2.2 HDI -with carefully maintained fap tank. A dealer should be able to give the unit a top up for around, £100 , resetting the counter unit etc.
My last top up (4 years ago) cost around £50 and i only asked for it as the car had done 80k which is around the time they are said to run dry, if left.
The DPF i had replaced this year @ 125,000 miles - seemed fair. I had a peugeot recon unit suuplied and fitted , with lifetime guarantee, for £700 (which included an extra £100 of work located at the same time .e.g new exhaust mounts and a piece of pipe ). The car definitely breaths better and just few more mpg - so i was pleased.
I hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.