Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Well the rad fan is now working, though it had to goto Auto Electrician who said that engine sensor working ok but Body Control ECU not processing the info, so they bypassed it & wired it to ignition, so fan on all the time till ign switched off. They said if I got replc ECU on ebay it would need all reprogramming. Anyway to anyone else with this same prob, the fuse box with relays in the engine bay (top right from front) is in fact an ECU unit. I found this info below (see link) on resetting.

Peugeot 307 BSI Body Control Module

Next is to get the EGR sorted, do I replace with new or just blank it off. If I have it blanked will it show error on management system creating extra probs or should I just get a new EGR fitted. Is there another way to blank egr off without fitting a blanking plate as on the 110 it seems arkward to do (garage labour charge).

C

·
0 Posts
Hi All, Well the rad fan is now working, though it had to goto Auto Electrician who said that engine sensor working ok but Body Control ECU not processing the info, so they bypassed it & wired it to ignition, so fan on all the time till ign switched off. They said if I got replc ECU on ebay it would need all reprogramming. Anyway to anyone else with this same prob, the fuse box with relays in the engine bay (top right from front) is in fact an ECU unit. I found this info below (see link) on resetting.

Peugeot 307 BSI Body Control Module

Next is to get the EGR sorted, do I replace with new or just blank it off. If I have it blanked will it show error on management system creating extra probs or should I just get a new EGR fitted. Is there another way to blank egr off without fitting a blanking plate as on the 110 it seems arkward to do (garage labour charge).
If you are doing as cheaply as poss then blanking is the way forward you can either use a plate eg

EGR BLANKING /BLOCK OFF PLATE PEUGEOT 206 307 406 EXPERT 8V 2.0 HDi 2000cc | eBay

or as Davidireland has suggested reseat the valve with a vaccum gauge and block off the pipe

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I thought that the default position for an egr is shut - that is closed when engine is off and no vacuum - is this wrong then?

C

·
0 Posts
I thought that the default position for an egr is shut - that is closed when engine is off and no vacuum - is this wrong then?
Pass Just quoting Davidireland :rolleyes:

Default position IS shut but if it's goosed or gunked up it may not close fully hence the suggestion to seat it with a vacuum gauge.
Aha so that's why! See everyday really is a school day :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts