Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I replaced the timing belt with the water pump and pulleys.
After that i tried to start the engine and it just kept cranking and not firing at all.
Timing should be ok.
I hooked up a diagnostics device and after cranking it got a camshaft position sensor range/performance fault.
I also checked the fuel pressure while cranking and for the first 5 seconds of cranking it was 200-300bar and after that it dropped to 8-24 bar.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
choice of engines as theres more than 1 2 litre but in live data check for cam and crank sync as if its not in sync it wont start and that would give you the cam fault

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 2 liter RHY 66kw(90hp) engine with siemens ecu and i used a delphi diagnostics unit and it says that cam position sensor is not synced while cranking

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Do timing again if its not synced it wont start did you pin cam and crank or just paint marks it MUST be pinned

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paint marked it and i put an 8mm bolt in the cam locking hole but i couldnt figure out how to put one into the crank?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Theres your problem crank pulley is not fixed it is on a slot so it NEEDS pinned the pin hole is behind the starter you are at least 2 teeth out as it will start 1 tooth out you may now have broken some rockers too but pin it up properly first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i fixed the crank pulley in the slot and the cam locking hole is about a tooth off so i think i found my problem thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts