Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started to work through the various problems relating to the Overboost error on my RHK 2.0hdi
I've installed Lexia3/Diagbox so I can properly see what is happening when overboost happens and the van drops into limp mode
this is a detail of the variables that happened at the time of the most recent event:-
ENGINE SPEED 2272rpm
OUTPUT INJECTED 43.18 mg/impulse
ENGINE COOLANT TEMP 94c
VEHICLE SPEED 51kph
ENGINE STATUS Under Load
TURBO PRESSURE MEASURED 1982mbar
TURBO PRESSURE REF VALUE 1747mbar
MEASURED AIR FLOW 1221 mg/impulse
TURBO ELECTROVALVE OPEN CYCLE RATIO 1%
TURBO POSITION REPEAT 29%
TURBO REGULATION STATUS Regulated

now this is all a bit new to me but I understand some of it (I think) but that tells me that i'm getting about 250mbar of boost pressure too much. The solenoid should shut off the vacuum to the actuator to reduce boost and the prevent this from happening.
I've replaced the solenoid and tested all the vacuum lines for leaks, the solenoid is getting power and the diagnostic says its working (and I can hear/feel it opening and closing when its doing its test).
But (and this might be nothing) but when the solenoid is shut and I blow down a hose connected to it I can feel the air coming out of the supposedly shut output. If I do this with the old (replaced it because it was a bit sticky) solenoid it doesnt allow air to pass at all unless its switched.
Does this mean I have a new faulty solenoid?

sorry for the long winded post :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts