Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HDI SMOKING BADLY.... Help Required Please

As we only bought this car a week ago, i though i'd check the mot history online,
Advisory was 02/12/11 Exhaust emmitting blue smoke on acceleration.

The dealer i bought it from said it was standing for several weeks before it was mot'd and stood a good couple of weeks before we bought it, i didnt notice anything out of the ordinary when we went to buy it, but come to think of it when we reverse it in the drive it does smell very diesel'y ,

should i be worried about anything here.

C

·
0 Posts
As you probably know, blue smoke means you're burning an engine - it's oil, black being overfuelling, white meaning excessive moisture is present.

The car having been standing won't be a factor - the emissions test is suppsoed to be done on a hot engine, and on diesels needs to be well and truly hot before the test can be done effectively. If it's hot enough to pass the emissions smoke test, yet is still emitting blue smoke you've got problems.

Causes could be several including bore wear, valve/seat/seal wear, or turbo problems, none of which are good.

I'd find the AA man you employed to inspect your car prior to purchase and tweak his nipples as punishment.

J

·
0 Posts
As we only bought this car a week ago, i though i'd check the mot history online,
Advisory was 02/12/11 Exhaust emmitting blue smoke on acceleration.
You should have seen this on the MOT when buying the car, let along checking online. It clearly states if advisory was issued on each MOT :nod:

I'd find the AA man you employed to inspect your car prior to purchase and tweak his nipples as punishment.
:lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we had the eml illuminate , so took it back to the garage as we just had the timing belt , tensioner and water pump replaced.

fault code was heater plug circuit fail, so after a while he reset and checked and everything is fine + no blue smoke.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Help plzz

AS last post regarding smoking ,

we have had several issues this weekend

car reaches 70mph on motorway , not sure if its linked i press the cruise control button and it goes into limp mode with EML on.

I took it to a garage that cleared the code, said circuit A failure.

Kept doing it on motorwary at speed, but not local roads 30/60 mph

smoking really bad on tick over , but not that much at speed, using no oil.

thanks in advance ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts