Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Last weekend I purchased a 2008 2.0 hatch, which almost immediately gave me the MIL and depollution error. Fault codes were P1351 and P2084

I am leaning towards faulty glow plugs, and wanted to confirm their location. I think they are in the top of the head, adjacent to the injectors

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
489 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first code P1351, maybe watch this PEUGEOT 307 P1351 FAULT CODE FIXED - YouTube
And the second code P2084 is covered here Fault code P2084 | Peugeot Forums

I don't think it has anything to do with glow plugs. They are nearly always in the top of the head and unless you live in a climate that goes below zero, these don't matter that much.
After clearing fault codes, I immediatedly got a pending P1351 code.

Using a multimeter, testing at what I believe is a connector to the glow plugs, I got 2 with similar resistance (238 ohm) 1 at 2.8K ohm and one off scale. Unfortunately the above aren't the glow plugs, so it is going to be a "by feel" exercise at the rear of the head :(

I regularly get winter temps well below freezing, but my bigger concern is I believe the glow plugs are involved in the dpf regeneration process on this model, which I reckon explains the sensor problems. I have a new temp sensor on the way.

Unfortunantely I cannot access the soot loads using my obd set up, so not sure what stage the dpf is at. Can anyone recommend an android app that works well with peugeot? I have the light version of FAP, which isn't giving me anything. I cannot get into amazon to purchase the full version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts