Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My one 407 hdi has popped the oil cooler for the motor and filled the coolant bottle with oil. Yum!! [email protected]$#
Is the cooler bit available separately? Agent only sells it complete with oil filter housing here in NZ.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You can get it on its own but i think its only available complete from peugeot

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any leads? Nothing separate here in New Zealand. Checked ebay and nothing there either.

·
6,777 Posts
Which engine code as there are various ones depended on engine type lost listed on ebay.co.uk with international shipping.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is DW10BTED4.
will have another look at ebay. Working with phone/ebay app so not easy sometimes. No reliable broadband where i live. Just long incredibly slow copper cables. Phone is only reliable way to www unfortunately. :(

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks windy. Not quite the same as mine but will contact the seller and see if he can supply the right one.

·
Registered
911 Posts
The ford's used the same engine oil cooler too.... the only difference is the oil filter isn't a cartridge but a spin on metal canister.

afaik, the oil cooler has never been changed in design.

My oil cooler has been leaking coolant externally for a while. I plunged into the full fat, brand new oil cooler from peugeot... which is made by sogefi and the part number is FL515 (IIRC) but I never found it being sold as an OEM anywhere.

I bought my oil cooler from frauto.pl which was heavily discounted from UK prices atleast (£160)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried their website but no luck . My Polish is sketchy at best though. ?

·
Registered
911 Posts

Or the genuine one for a bit more (which surprisingly still comes from frauto!)

Thank me later...... and I hate you because you've made me see I should have waited on my purchase and got it for cheaper :p

·
6,777 Posts
Those pictures of the complete unit appear to show the same oil cooler module as I posted earlier fitted to the housing

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The holes on my one in the water jacket are large oval holes.
Anyway I have made a mod... dug through my parts bin, found an air cooled oil cooler, made an adapter plate to fit on the oil cooler housing, put in a coolant bypass hose to keep coolant circulation and now have a air cooled oil cooling system with about 10x the cooling area of the oem system with no chance of it filling my coolant tank with oil!?
Amazing what one does when retired, bored, nothing to do and all day to do it in...?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts