Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My one 407 hdi has popped the oil cooler for the motor and filled the coolant bottle with oil. Yum!! [email protected]$#
Is the cooler bit available separately? Agent only sells it complete with oil filter housing here in NZ.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any leads? Nothing separate here in New Zealand. Checked ebay and nothing there either.

·
5,974 Posts
Which engine code as there are various ones depended on engine type lost listed on ebay.co.uk with international shipping.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is DW10BTED4.
will have another look at ebay. Working with phone/ebay app so not easy sometimes. No reliable broadband where i live. Just long incredibly slow copper cables. Phone is only reliable way to www unfortunately. :(

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks windy. Not quite the same as mine but will contact the seller and see if he can supply the right one.

·
Registered
812 Posts
The ford's used the same engine oil cooler too.... the only difference is the oil filter isn't a cartridge but a spin on metal canister.

afaik, the oil cooler has never been changed in design.

My oil cooler has been leaking coolant externally for a while. I plunged into the full fat, brand new oil cooler from peugeot... which is made by sogefi and the part number is FL515 (IIRC) but I never found it being sold as an OEM anywhere.

I bought my oil cooler from frauto.pl which was heavily discounted from UK prices atleast (£160)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried their website but no luck . My Polish is sketchy at best though. 😀

·
Registered
812 Posts

Or the genuine one for a bit more (which surprisingly still comes from frauto!)

Thank me later...... and I hate you because you've made me see I should have waited on my purchase and got it for cheaper :p

·
5,974 Posts
Those pictures of the complete unit appear to show the same oil cooler module as I posted earlier fitted to the housing

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The holes on my one in the water jacket are large oval holes.
Anyway I have made a mod... dug through my parts bin, found an air cooled oil cooler, made an adapter plate to fit on the oil cooler housing, put in a coolant bypass hose to keep coolant circulation and now have a air cooled oil cooling system with about 10x the cooling area of the oem system with no chance of it filling my coolant tank with oil!😂
Amazing what one does when retired, bored, nothing to do and all day to do it in...😆

1 - 14 of 14 Posts