Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out today and flashed up battery charging fault. carried on and it eventually went out

made it home fine and went out to test the voltage

it measures 12.2 volts running so i checked planet and made sure all connections were fine.

i then revved the car and it shot up to 14.2 volts and then stayed there. i left it running for 10 mins and still at 14.2 volts

i loaded the alternator with everything on and it was still over 13vs so all good.

turned the car off restarted and back to 12.2 volts until i rev it to 1300 revs then it goes to normal

does anyone have any ideas? is the only voltage regulator situated in the alternator on the 8v 110 2.0hdi.

i have heard somewhere the ecu can tell it to do things as well any idea how i would check this

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
went out today and flashed up battery charging fault. carried on and it eventually went out

made it home fine and went out to test the voltage

it measures 12.2 volts running so i checked planet and made sure all connections were fine.

i then revved the car and it shot up to 14.2 volts and then stayed there. i left it running for 10 mins and still at 14.2 volts

i loaded the alternator with everything on and it was still over 13vs so all good.

turned the car off restarted and back to 12.2 volts until i rev it to 1300 revs then it goes to normal

does anyone have any ideas? is the only voltage regulator situated in the alternator on the 8v 110 2.0hdi.

i have heard somewhere the ecu can tell it to do things as well any idea how i would check this
check all connections on alternator and earth wires

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have taken he connectors off the alternator and put them back on battery terminals are fine it always behaves the same so I'm thinking something inside is playing up

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
been using the car all week and no major issues. been having the heater on music etc and it hasnt flashed up

it still doesnt charge until you rev it is that a common thing as ive never heard it before. if its not whats likely to make it work then not work ?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
been having a few issues last few days. if i start the car and let it run for a bit the battery charge fault comes on as soon as i rev it goes off. check it and its at 12.2v.

then most times i start it up and its charging at 14v like this morning. this fault has been like this for 5 weeks and i havent had any battery or starting issues yet. the clutch on the alternator seems to be working ok

problem i will face is when its really cold and i need to demist the windows i cant as it will kill the battery but i cant drive off without seeing :D

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
been having a few issues last few days. if i start the car and let it run for a bit the battery charge fault comes on as soon as i rev it goes off. check it and its at 12.2v.

then most times i start it up and its charging at 14v like this morning. this fault has been like this for 5 weeks and i havent had any battery or starting issues yet. the clutch on the alternator seems to be working ok

problem i will face is when its really cold and i need to demist the windows i cant as it will kill the battery but i cant drive off without seeing :D
really sounds like a faulty alternator, have you checked the belt is not slipping

·
5,830 Posts
Brush pack worn in Alternator or Regulator failing. If a Bosch Alternator these parts are available for diy repair

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im finally back. glad to say

no issues seen and still charging at 14.4 volts.

did 600 miles in the end

managed an average of 45mpg with a roof box on too which i didnt think was too bad :D

just got to pay for the part now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts