Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok had this problem for a while can anybody help.

Its a siemens 2.0 90RHY code engine - no particle filter

Basically occasionally between 1200-1600rpm the engine will judder like mad on acceleration, usually happens in 3 or 4th gear. You can either boot it and it will sort itself out over 2k or drop a gear and normal service is resumed?

No faults on planet. No engine warning light or fault on screen ever.

Up to now i have disconnected the maf - made no difference

Changed fuel temp sensor as it was faulty - made a fair difference as it was really rough when it was reading incorrectly - now displays fair values

Blocked off the egr - done this by blocking off the pipe - made no difference apart from more lag in first gear - egr seems to move freely when pressure/vacuum is applied anyway with a nice clunk

Checked all boost hoses - refitted them better and performance is so much better but no fix

Changed fuel filter and airfilter a couple of thousand miles ago.

Removed/refittedinjector plugs - (obv without engine running to make sure they made a decent contact)

Any more suggestions? It drives ok but something is a miss.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
mine judders at about 1200 revs but only when its very cold. i always sit in the highest gear possible. i have changed my habits as i was driving round at 1000 revs all the time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Possibility it could be a DMF (Dual mass flywheel) issue if your getting judder.
How does it feel when pulling away from stand still, any Judder???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 52 plate with the 2.0 HDi 90 engine too and it's doing the same thing. I've got it booked in for a service tomorrow at a local garage and I'm going to ask them what they think and I'll let you know if there's any developments.

It's also becoming a bugger to get in to gear, it just used to be 3rd which was a problem, but it must be contagious as it's like that with all but 5th gear now! I'm just hoping that isn't a clutch fault...

·
Registered
206 Posts
its funny this has come up,was about to post same thing.
mine does it, mainly in 4th,it doesnt like goin slow/drivin at 30.

wondering wether its just the way it is,itll happily sit at 30 in 3rd but in 4th itll judder till you pick speed up to around 35/40.

·
Registered
399 Posts
its funny this has come up,was about to post same thing.
mine does it, mainly in 4th,it doesnt like goin slow/drivin at 30.

wondering wether its just the way it is,itll happily sit at 30 in 3rd but in 4th itll judder till you pick speed up to around 35/40.
That's just the way it is! Mine does the same at 30mph.. I keep forgetting its not a petrol lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Could be a clogged EGR -

I used a can of Wyns EGR 3 on mine and it went away. Aslo by using optimax or cheap diesel and Millers ecomax seems to keep it at bay.

E2a: Sorry just rad you blanked off the EGR. Ignore me :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blocking egr made no difference apart from more turbo lag in first gear for me.

Mine holds back/judders in 4th accelerating from 40mph occasionally. Its ok 80% of the time? Im thinking something is worn/wearing in the fuel system. Ill do my usual and drive it until something gives in lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
can i ask about the accelerator pedal..you can push mine in little an it wont do anythin till you push it to floor and itll go. The focus (bein a petrol) was very sensitive.
Is this norm too?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine is the same. I might check it out on planet if poss or a test meter to see if the pot is worn. Derv's are pretty lazy compared to petrols though. I much preferred cable setups

·
Registered
286 Posts
At what point in the powerband does the turbo start to make a difference, and on the whole, what type of driving do you do, round town or motorway etc?.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On the whole i do mostly town driving with a little bit of duel carriageway. Give it a good italian tuneup once every couple of weeks. I can hear the turbo spool up approx 1500 rpm, never had a gauge hooked up to see what rpm it makes peak boost though..

Im planning on getting it mapped soon, see if a bit of extra fuel makes a difference??

I did read on the citroen forums ages ago that somebody with a similar fault on a low mileage xantia hdi was cured with a software update??

·
Registered
206 Posts
At what point in the powerband does the turbo start to make a difference, and on the whole, what type of driving do you do, round town or motorway etc?.
the gf has it for work so its just town drivin but is a good 7m there and back with some long roads.
i cant hear the turbo that much tbh but id say around 1500 to 2k the car comes alive.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Small update,

The problem goes from ok to bad whenever it wants to. After searching the net it is a common problem and nobody seems to have a definite fix.. Read one that suggested poss injector fault? When its really playing up the engine does sound fairly diesel knocky.

Anyway i have boshed some injector cleaner in the tank to see if it does anything. I doubt it will but its cheap. Seems to be running OK today so who knows.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still exactly the same, no problems on planet but still playing up most of the time. Anybody found any fixes yet?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts