Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My pug is sometimes reaching an engine temperature of 100 degrees celsius in heavy traffic and only at this temperature the cooling fan turns on and lowers the temperature to 90 degrees. Diagnostics are only showing, that there is a fault with the cooling fan, but no more info about this error. The cooling liquid is brand new. Could this be a faulty water pump or something else maybe? Simply don't know where to start looking for the problem..

Thanks for your suggestions.:confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cooling fan relays are a common problem on the 307, they're found behind the bumper and grille, attached to the fan housing
Thanks, i will try replacing it. That should be enough to solve the problem? Because i heard opinions, that because of a worn out water pump impeller the circulation is worse and the engine is heating up. Don't know if it's true. And i believe that it is a hell of a job to check it's condition..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Are you using pp2000 or a generic hand held code reader for diagnostics.
I had a sim prob on my 307 and used the feature on pp to run the fan independently. Low speed was not working. New relay £16.00 ebay ....job sorted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you using pp2000 or a generic hand held code reader for diagnostics.
I had a sim prob on my 307 and used the feature on pp to run the fan independently. Low speed was not working. New relay £16.00 ebay ....job sorted.
Was using an autocom cdp diagnostics, it didn't had this feature to run it, so can't tell. Okay then i guess everything should be fine after the replacement of relay.:)

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
To be honest you may well have a relay issue but it could just as easily be rotten wiring at the relay so replacing the relay may not be enough.

If the water pump is the fault you usually find the heater is colder too as the pump is not forcing the water round fast enough.

If the fan is the issue the heater will be roasting hot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts