Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So yesterday i left my car outside (everything was okay) and in the morning she didn't start. The battery is brand new, the starter works like a charm, but she doesn't even seem to try starting up, the feeling is that petrol doesn't even reach the cylinders or something. There are about 15 litres in the tank.

Could this somehow be a faulty fuel pump in the tank or maybe this is some kind of other problem?
By the way, i left my car uphill, with her front facing the top of the hill. The hill is quite steep.
By the way, haven't checked with diagnostics yet.

Thanks for any help.:)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Does the engine turn over but not fire up, or doesn't the engine even turn over?

Have you done anything to the car recently (ie. replaced parts etc)?

Have you done anything with the key (eg. replaced fob or battery)?

Put the key in the ignition, attempt to start the car, turn the key to the off position and leave the key in the ignition. Open the drivers door - does the car beep 3 times?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the engine turn over but not fire up, or doesn't the engine even turn over?

Have you done anything to the car recently (ie. replaced parts etc)?

Have you done anything with the key (eg. replaced fob or battery)?

Put the key in the ignition, attempt to start the car, turn the key to the off position and leave the key in the ignition. Open the drivers door - does the car beep 3 times?
Yesterday i have replaced the key with a brand new case from ebay, but it is just the case, so what could be wrong with that? As i saw there were nothing more in the old case but the microscheme, so i just put it in the new case.

The car doesn't beep when door opened and when the key is in the ignition.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you still got the old fob? The transponder which interacts with the car and disables the immobiliser may still be in the old fob.
Damn, i am such a dumb arse.. I forgot the trasnponder, somehow i thought, that it is integrated into the microscheme..
Thanks, you saved me lots of nerves :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts