Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i have problems. having done a few volvo 240 timing belts over the years i set about doing my 307's. i didn't realise that the crank pulley is floating. after i undid the bolt, i reinserted the bolt to turn over the engine and was shocked to find that the crank turned but not the pulley.

i now need to resynch everything and pray i haven't bent any valves.

so, a few questions.

does the 2.0 petrol have the flywheel lock just above the axle? if so, when it is locked, is it TDC or something else?

i have removed the inlet cam cover and based on where the lobes point, it does not look as if the cam locks correspond to TDC.

i suppose the simple question/answer is - when the crank lock is fitted (presuming it is through the hole above the left axle shaft), roughly where is the crank woodruff key pointing?

this is probably going to be the single most useful piece of information in bringing everything back in to time.

or is the flywheel lock elsewhere on this model?

thanks.
harry.

·
Registered
402 Posts
There is a Lock at the back of the engine above the right axle shaft.

The crank should be mid-stroke with all pistons in the middle when on all marks, I don't know how old your car is, but if it's a facelifted your pulleys should look like this.

Holt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I seem to have brought it back in to time, and compression test is favorable. One last question - what is the tightening torque for the crank pulley and should I use a new bolt?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I seem to have brought it back in to time, and compression test is favorable. One last question - what is the tightening torque for the crank pulley and should I use a new bolt?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts